Critical thinking abilities are improved by writing a persuasive essay. The writer develops a powerful argumentative style as they respond to objections and gather evidence to back up their claims. Discover the ideal persuasive essay topic from a list of more than 120 suggestions.
Table of Contents
Easy Topics for Persuasive Essays
In persuasive essays, the author must persuade the reader to support their point of view. These themes are perfect for elementary school or as quick persuasive writing projects for older students because they don’t require a lot of research.
see also: mba essay writing service
Topics for Persuasive Essays About Schools
Students are the best experts on education, particularly when it comes to their perspectives. These convincing school-related themes are excellent for expressing opinions on dress regulations, bullying, and class schedules.
- What should be the penalty for lying?
- Should students be permitted to bring phones to class?
- What subject is the most fascinating to study?
- Should students have homework?
- Does your school effectively address bullying?
- Are school clothing codes a good idea?
- Is a whole school day excessive?
- Should students be able to pick their courses of study?
- Which school regulation would you alter?
- Is sitting with pals in class a smart idea?
- Is the start of school too early?
- Should pupils enroll in a self-defense course?
Food-Related Persuasive Essay Topics
It’s simple to have an opinion about food, but more difficult to persuade others of it. Try these compelling questions, which cover everything from junk food to healthy eating.
- Which is preferable, pizza or hot dogs?
- Should children learn to prepare their own meals?
- Which is more entertaining, eating out or cooking at home?
- Which dessert is the best?
- Should wholesome food be less expensive than junk food?
- Is it a good idea to consume meat?
- Is eating three regular meals preferable to snacking all day long?
- Should sugary beverages be permitted in schools?
- Should children be forced to eat things they dislike?
- What foodstuffs are ideal for parties?
Topics for Persuasive Essays Regarding Animals
Animals are very important to people. They have opinions about everything, whether it’s about their favorite animals or where animals should be able to go. Test your interest in these subjects for persuasive essay writing.
- What is the finest animal to choose if you want to train an animal?
- Should wild animals be allowed to be kept as pets?
- Should animals be permitted in schools?
- What kind of animal is the ideal pet?
- Which pet animal is the worst?
- Are large dogs preferable to little dogs?
- Should you purchase a pet from a shelter?
Sports and Activities Persuasive Essay Topics
What sport is the best? Is playing or watching an activity more enjoyable? Another topic on which people have strong opinions is sports. For your upcoming essay, consider using one of these sports-related persuasive writing topics.
- Who is the world’s best athlete?
- What is the most simple pastime to pick up?
- What game is the finest to play?
- Should girls be permitted to participate on male-only sports teams?
- Do team sports have an advantage over individual sports?
- Is playing sports more enjoyable than watching them?
- Sports in the summer superior to those in the winter?
- If their grades aren’t good enough, should pupils be forced to give up participating in sports?
- Do professional athletes receive excessive pay?
- What is the most enjoyable thing to do when it’s raining?
Topics for Persuasive Essays Regarding Entertainment
It’s fun to explore the world of books, music, and motion pictures. What, then, is the entertainment industry’s greatest and worst? Several potential essay subjects include:
- What music works best for uplifting you when you’re down?
- Must movies and music be free?
- Are villains more interesting than heroes?
- Which film did you find to be the funniest?
- Are reality TV programmes superior to other programmes?
- The best book ever written is…
- Are fright films entertaining to watch?
- Are comedies superior to action films?
- What superpower would be ideal to possess?
- Should concertgoers be permitted to record live performances?
- Is watching a movie at a theater preferable to streaming it at home?
Ideas for Difficult Persuasive Essays
It can be difficult to formulate an argument for a more complicated topic. It entails articulating yourself persuasively while supporting your claims with facts. The persuasive essay topics listed below include a variety of topics, including politics, education, health, and more.
Topics for Persuasive Essays on Social Issues
Every day, you undoubtedly hear debates concerning contemporary societal concerns. With these social issues subjects, you can investigate crime and punishment, the effects of social media, overpopulation policies, and more.
- Should those in wealth pay more in taxes?
- Are adolescents more rude than older generations?
- Is society treating those with mental diseases fairly?
- Social media: helpful or destructive?
- Do violent video games encourage aggressive behavior?
- Is the death penalty moral?
- Should we give homeless people money?
- Should nations conduct military drafting?
- Should the government have the authority to impose a cap on the number of children per family if a country is overpopulated?
- Do drunk drivers receive just punishment?
Topics for Persuasive Essays about Education
It is simpler to write about problems at one’s own school than it is to write about the educational system as a whole. See if these educational argumentative writing questions motivate you to discuss topics like free college, grading practices, school choice, and online learning, among others.
- How much involvement should parents have in their kids’ education?
- Should parents have the option to select the schools their children attend?
- Is in-person instruction superior to internet instruction?
- Which is preferable, summer vacation or year-round education?
- Should educators interact with their pupils on social media?
- Students should have the same rights as adults, right?
- Is free college a good idea?
- Which grading method—pass/fail or letter grades—is preferable?
- Should sex education be taught in schools to students?
- Is a college degree necessary for a successful career?
- Do schools need security personnel?
- Are exams the most effective approach to determine what kids are learning?
Topics for Persuasive Essays on History and Government
These persuasive subjects, which are ideal for social studies essays, urge students to think about government practices from the past and present. Some queries might not be as simple to answer as they first appear.
- Was the early European exploration beneficial or harmful?
- Was it necessary for America to use the atomic bomb during World War II?
- Should businesses be permitted to support political campaigns with donations?
- Is a democratic system of government the best?
- Should children born abroad be granted citizenship there?
- Does the right to free expression have any restrictions?
- Should a felon who has served their time be able to vote?
- What is the nation’s most unjust law?
- Is America the world’s most powerful nation?
Topics for Persuasive Essays on Science and Technology
There are many practical and ethical issues raised by the rapidly evolving fields of science and technology. These convincing questions that are sure to get you thinking about animal testing, genetic engineering, and climate change.
- Should America support a second mission to the moon?
- Is too much time spent on screens bad for kids?
- Real or fake climate change?
- Should businesses be permitted to produce pollution if their products are good for society?
- What has been the most significant scientific advance in your lifetime?
- Is it acceptable for businesses to sell customer information?
- Does the government need to invest time and money in renewable energy?
- Are placebo-controlled clinical trials morally correct?
- Is it moral to test animals?
- Should parents be permitted to pick the characteristics of their unborn children?
Topics for Persuasive Essays on Nutrition and Health
Any society must prioritize public health. But how much of a role should the government play? Respond to the following questions with your opinion:
- Should schools just sell nutritious food?
- Is it a good idea to make marijuana legal?
- Should vaccinations for children be mandated for parents?
- Should medical professionals and educators check teenagers for depression?
- The safety of genetically modified food
- Should schools be compelled to teach physical education?
- Should pupils be subjected to random drug tests in schools? What about businesses and their staff?
- Are competitive sports too risky?
- Should universal healthcare exist?
- How might you persuade someone to engage in greater physical activity?
- Should those in good health pay less for medical care?
Ideas for Original Persuasive Essays
If none of the aforementioned subjects interest you, see if any of the following questions would create a compelling persuasive essay. Choose a topic that interests you and that you can support with extra facts.
- How much of a celebrity’s private life should the general public be aware of?
- Do wars ever have justifications?
- Is training dogs as service animals morally right?
- Is working while listening to music preferable to working quietly?
- What is the ideal profession to pursue?
- Are animals exploited or protected in zoos?
- Is being 2 better than being 12 or 22 or 32?
- Should self-replicating humans be permitted?
- Which season is the worst?
- Is it preferable to be a night owl or a morning person?
- Is earning a lot of money more essential than enjoying your job?
- Which crop is the most crucial to the modern economy?
- As you get older, should you prioritize maintaining your current friendships or seeking out new ones?
- Should we become friends with aliens if they come to Earth?
- Is print journalism still relevant in today’s technology age?
- Is it preferable to be impoverished and surrounded by friends or rich and alone?
- Should parents instill traditional etiquette in their kids?
- Is life now superior to it was fifty years ago?
- How could one persuade their mayor to create a skate park?
Convincing Argument Writing Conclusion
The simple part is picking a straightforward, complicated, or original subject. When you’re prepared to make an argument, you should gather facts, take into account opposing views, and write your essay. View an example outline PDF and a template for a straightforward argumentative or persuasive essay.