This post was most recently updated on November 24th, 2022
Are you looking for safety shoes because you want to protect your workers’ feet while at work? If you are, the chances are that you care about the protection and comfort of your workers. In this article, we give you eight benefits of wearing safety shoes.
Are you looking for shoes because you want to protect your workers’ feet while at work? If you are, the chances are that you care about the protection and comfort of your workers. Wearing safety shoes is not only a moral obligation but also a legal requirement. In this article, we give you eight benefits of safety shoes;
- Legal: The work footwear meets legal standards and legislative requirements. Suppliers and manufacturers are crucial in ensuring that employees and employers have the necessary information to make the correct choice. The footwear selection must consider durability, comfort, and any additional features.
- Injury: Foot injuries such as ruptures, bruises, cuts, sprains, slips, and fractures are typical occupational hazards. But you can avoid it to a large extent by wearing safety footwear. It not only reduces the injuries but also ensures your safety. The workers can then devote all their attention to their work.
- Fatigue: Workers at construction sites may have to walk or even stand all day on solid and hard surfaces like concrete, resulting in fatigue issues. In such conditions, protective shoes with arch support and enough cushioning can relieve the tension in the muscles of the feet, hips, back, legs, and other body parts.
- Shock: Even though safety and health measures are in place in most workplaces in Kenya, electricity is a risk factor. Safety shoes can prevent the workers from electric shock. For employees working in areas where a static electricity build-up is inevitable, wearing safety footwear made from leather or rubber can keep them safe, comfortable, and happy.
- Maneuverability: Construction sites are messy places with uneven terrain and construction waste. Safety boots have features that can help the workers navigate these sites. The dense leather uppers of the shoes can hold the ankle in place when walking over bumpy and uneven surfaces. Safety shoes typically utilize a lace system that gives a snug fit.
- Weather: People working in colder areas are prone to infections like Raynauds Syndrome, frostbite, or hypothermia, which needs medical attention. Therefore, it is imperative to keep the feet cozy. When investing in safety boots, you must buy the ones that can keep the feet warm.
- Prevention: Unforeseen tripping, falls, and slips are untoward workplace incidents. Although stringent housekeeping measures can drastically reduce the risks of such incidents, proper safety footwear provides additional protection. Safety shoes can also help prevent falls and friction on slippery floors.
- Burns: Burns from fire, chemicals, splashes, molten metal, cement, and even dangerous substances can happen in construction sites or workplaces that could cause injuries to the feet. Safety boots can prevent such things from happening as theyare durable materials.Feet injury to workers can be debilitating. Safety boots should be a workwear wardrobe staple for anybody working in a harsh environment. They are an affordable and practical way to maintain foot health and prevent injury in hazardous conditions.