The modern world of online gambling offers not just dozens, but hundreds of different game providers for all those interested, developing everything from classic slot machines to the latest technological developments and the newest game mechanics.
You’ll find game studios such as Microgaming, Novomatic, Netent, as well as new upstarts vying for your attention. On this page you’ll find our top gaming software companies. Read on to find out about their pros, cons, features and, of course, the best games from each of them.
Table of Contents
Top gaming software providers
In recent years, an increasing number of independent online casino software providers have emerged. This is not only because the industry is demanding new games, but also because players want more variety.
Microgaming was the first provider to address their concerns and started developing high-profile games of all shapes and sizes. Many other companies followed suit, such as Merkur Gaming, Net Entertainment, Play’n Go, Yggdrasil Gaming and Thunderkick.
Healthy competition from giant providers has kept casino games emotional and dynamic. In terms of technology and software development, online casino games have come a really long way from simple 3-reel slots using Flash software to modern HTML5 video slots.
Not only have the games become more advanced in terms of animation, graphics and sound design, but the gameplay itself has also changed significantly. The best software providers are developing games with exciting and thrilling gameplay features that make the game “three-dimensional”.
Every new well-designed slot machine almost always has new features, so we see a constant evolution with new features such as wilds, scatter symbols and reel systems such as Avalanche modes and reel tilt.
To help you get to grips with the many games and their developers, Fairspin Casino offers you the chance to get to know the game developers at https://fairspin.io/lt/providers. Below are the most popular developers:
- The ubiquitous Microgaming brand has changed the online gambling sector for the better, offering the best developments for both operators and players. Over the years, this innovative supplier has relentlessly raised the bar for game quality. By continuously improving and never giving up on challenges, Microgaming certainly deserves a place in our ranking of the top 3 casino software providers.
- Net Entertainment Net Entertainment, or NetEnt for short, comes in second in our ranking. It should be noted that NetEnt is one of the leading giant providers in the online casino industry along with Microgaming. This developer owns everyone’s favourite Gonzo’s Quest, Jack and the Beanstalk and, of course, the industry’s flagship slot machine, Starburst. Today, NetEnt makes it its mission to challenge standards and innovate high-end casino games. “NetEnt also made our list of top providers because it owns its own branded live casino software. This sets it apart from the rest, as it shows that NetEnt is not afraid to take risks and break away from clichés.
- Play’n Go, which is not a newcomer compared to the aforementioned industry luminaries, was founded in 2004 by a team of talented developers and is still successfully creating high-quality games that appeal to everyone. Under this name, you will find games with gorgeous colourful graphics and soundtracks that fit in with the slots theme. By choosing nostalgic themes, such as the Hugo video game franchise, and releasing classic slots at the same time, Play’n Go is able to cater to the needs of all gamers.
How does online casino software work?
Software providers develop games in two ways: right and wrong. In fact, the latter is better described as ‘outdated’. Before the advent of smartphones and tablets, the only way to spin the reels of an online slot machine was with a good old computer. In those distant days, mobile phones simply weren’t advanced enough to use the technology needed to run games properly.
At that time, slot machines were based on Adobe’s Flash animation software, which allowed service providers to create pretty decent online slot machines. Of course, nowadays this technology is very outdated and many modern and innovative providers have moved to a full-fledged HTML5 platform.
Direct Dealer Game Providers
Live dealer games stand out at Fairspin online casinos because their development and quality live streaming requires great skill on the part of the service providers. For this reason, there are not many providers that have started to develop live games.
- Evolution Gaming is the undisputed industry leader with half a hundred products. Dozens of baccarat, blackjack, roulette, poker, as well as craps, Monopoly, wheel of fortune – not a complete list of entertainment offered by the developer.
- Ezugi is another manufacturer familiar to fans of games with live croupiers. Most of the products are variants of Blackjack, Baccarat and Roulette, but it is also possible to play Dragon Tiger, 32-card or numbers betting. A unique feature of the company’s games is the possibility to run the product in free demo mode.
- Pragmatic Play also boasts a collection of dozens of live games, including roulette, baccarat, blackjack, sic bo and money wheel.
Some of the lesser-known live game providers include AuthenticGaming, Betgames, eBET, MediaLive, SAGaming, Super Spade Games, Vivo Gaming and XProGaming.
Why should I pay attention to a game provider?
Online gambling sites typically use two types of software: online casinos using games from a single software developer, and casinos working with several developers on different platforms. Pay attention to the credibility of the service provider so that you feel safe when playing real money casino games.
Fairspin is a very unusual casino. Since its opening, the development team has worked hard to create the most comfortable environment for players. “At Fairspin Casino you will find thousands of games from the best gaming providers. “Fairspin has partnered with more than 40 providers, including:
- Pragmatic Play;
- 1X2 Network;
The list of service providers may vary depending on the country of residence.