The Food Corporation Of India (FCI) offers lucrative job opportunities for Govt job aspirants. The name of the designation is the FCI Manager. It is a Central Government job with a good job profile and package. They are the frontline managers in various cadres. They are placed in Category-2 of the FCI responsible for scheduling jobs among subordinates, reporting to seniors, and managing fieldwork.
Their decision-making is essential for over interest of the FCI. Being a lucrative job is not so easy to crack. Candidates must be well versed with the FCI Manager Syllabus and ready to face intense competition in the exam. Hence, we brought this guide which discusses roles and responsibilities and ways to get this dream job.
- FCI manager supervises and tracks the progress of Category-III and IV officers who works under them. FCI managers make appraisals and promotions of respective category officers.
- They coordinate with their subordinates to maintain a smooth flow of work. FCI managers allocate tasks and advise them whenever required.
- Ensure proper maintenance of reference books, guard files, and other materials. FCI managers check the attendance of all staff and ensure efficient output by all staff.
- Inspect incoming and outgoing communication and manage the team members who work under them.
- They maintain disciplinary control over their subordinates, check attendance, and ensure that all concerned due output is given.
These are the general duties performed by the FCI manager. FCI Manager Salary depends upon the cadre levels, but it ranges between INR 40,000-1, 40,000 per month. There are a total of eight cadre levels in the managerial post as follows:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
Pathway to reach this job position
Like other governmental posts, candidates need to clear multiple rounds of exams to achieve their dream job. The selection process of the FCI manager consists of 3 rounds. Candidates will be selected for this position after clearing three rounds mentioned below:
- Online Test
- Personal Interview
There are two phases of examination: Phase-I and Phase-II, which we have discussed below briefly.
- Phase-I examination of the FCI manager post is conducted online, and it consists of objective-type questions. Three sections (English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Aptitude) comprised 100 questions carrying one mark each. A negative marking scheme deducts ¼ marks for the wrong answer. The time duration is 60 minutes to complete this preliminary exam.
- Phase-II comprises multiple papers. Paper one is common for candidates applying for Movement, Accounts, Technical, Civil engineering, General, Depot, Electrical & Mechanical. Paper two is for candidates who applied for Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Accounts, Technical, and Civil Engineering. The third and fourth paper is only for candidates who applied for Hindi cadre level. There will be no negative marking in the second phase of the FCI Manager Exam. The time duration of Paper-I, Paper-III, and Paper-IV will be of 90 minutes each. Paper-II duration is of 60 minutes. All papers consist of 120 marks each.
FCI manager position is a responsible designation with a good salary package. That’s the reason many candidates are interested in it. They avail of perks and allowances provided by the government. But incentives and perks are the other part of the coin. FCI manager is a good storekeeper who takes all necessary precautions to maintain food stocks. They coordinate with Quality check experts, engineers, labor, and other staff to reduce the deterioration of stocks. Aspirants must be aware of their challenges and roles they perform daily. If you know their job role and pathway to reach them, share this post with colleagues to spread information.