Above-fridge cabinets are an unusual yet effective way to utilize available spaces, especially if the kitchen or cooking area is limited. They are the best spaces to hold kitchen items and accessories that are not very frequently used. Items that can be stored in above fridge cabinets and microwave base cabinet (s) are- serving dishes, special tableware, additional pantry items, and festive equipment like cookie cutters and holiday tableware. In this article, let us look at how to make the most of your kitchen spaces.
Above Fridge Cabinet
Cabinets in the kitchen areas and surrounding spaces are carefully designed to optimize functionality of the available spaces. The common use of above fridge cabinets is to store infrequently used forgotten items. Here are the ways in which these above-fridge cabinets are useful in homes:
- Maximize space: The above-fridge cabinets are ideal to utilize spare space and create vertical symmetry with cabinets. They will be useful for storing additional valuables and take advantage of an otherwise unused space in your kitchen.
- Countertop space: This type of cabinetry system helps in creating valuable space above the countertop. Creation of such spaces is very important especially if the kitchen is very small or compact. Sometimes, there is limited storage space. In such times, the cabinet will create additional space for items that are otherwise spread all over the countertop. Hence, adequate functional space can be activated by adding the above fridge cabinet.
- Hide clutter: Above-fridge cabinets can be a great place to store items that you don’t want cluttering up your countertops or visible in your kitchen. There is always unlimited scope for clutter to collect on kitchen countertops. Hence, such cabinets are very effective in ensuring unnecessary items are not occupying primary areas of the kitchen limiting your functionality.
- Better Kitchen aesthetics: The above-fridge cabinets improve kitchen aesthetics with supportive seamless cabinetry, wider range of finishes, materials, colors that ensure matching special elements or the decorative pieces in the kitchen.
Microwave base cabinets
Some of the other areas in the kitchen that underutilize spaces are around microwaves. A solution would be to have a microwave base cabinet which allows you to keep these kitchen accessories off countertops, remain out of the way, and easily accessible. The ways to use these cabinets are:
- Clear countertop space: By installing a microwave base cabinet, you can free up valuable countertop space for other tasks, such as food prep or entertaining.
- Streamlined look: A microwave sitting on your countertop can be a visual distraction and take away from the overall look of your kitchen. By installing a microwave base cabinet, you can create a more streamlined and cohesive look.
- Match your cabinets: To create a cohesive look in your kitchen, consider matching your above-fridge cabinets and microwave base cabinets to your existing cabinetry. This can help tie the room together and create a more polished look.
- Add lighting: Above-fridge cabinets can be dark and hard to access, so consider adding lighting to make it easier to find and retrieve items. This can also help showcase any decorative items you may have stored in these cabinets.
- Use organizers: To make the most of your above-fridge cabinets and microwave base cabinets, consider using organizers and dividers to keep items organized and easy to find. This can include wire baskets, pull-out drawers, or adjustable shelves.
By using otherwise unused space and freeing up valuable countertop space, these cabinets can help create a more streamlined and functional kitchen. So why not consider adding above-fridge cabinets and microwave base cabinets to your kitchen design? Your kitchen will be both more beautiful and functional, making it the heart of your home.