Hiking is definitely an impressive and fun trail. However, it is no easy task. Climbing high in the terrains and watching the clouds passing is amazing, spectacular, and breathtaking. Many of you must be drawn to hiking due to its beauty, but hiking has another side.
If you are a new hiker who is all set to get into this adventure for the very first time, there are several items that you should never overlook.
In fact, if you are planning for your next hike, here is a list of the top 9 Must-haves that you need to look into today!
Must-haves for your next hike
- Backpack: The first thing that you need to grab is a perfect rain cover backpack that can bear long-distance hikes. If you are female, get a female backpack and if you are a male, get you a male one. Why? Once you go hiking, you’ll see a huge difference!
- A comfy pair of Hiking boots: The point here is, whatever you do, try not to skimp on boots! You can get one of those Upland hunting boots. They are quite affordable and useful. As your feet are the ones that’ll bear the maximum, try providing them with the best boots!
- Weather band radio: This is another must-have. Pack a windup weather band radio with you so that you can be prepared about what the upcoming days and nights have kept in store for you.
- Sleeping bag: Regardless of whatever people say, a 40 degree down sleeping bag is a must. It must be lightweight, comfortable, and should have an accurate temperature setting suitable for any time of the year. Although when it is too hot, you might not require a sleeping bag, to be honest, lying on the bag is extremely comfortable.
- First aid box: If you are probably thinking that you will not require any first aid kit, well then you are wrong. Packing a first aid box is a must and the best reason to invest in it is to save your life, just in case. You can keep it with your other hiking essentials in your backpack. Although you might not meet emergencies, you can face cramps, minor cuts, blisters, etc.
- Get you a Water suit: Well well well, mountains are no joke! To be more precise, hikers who have been accompanied with just rain gear, (more like a rain jacket) got kicked in the rear after the first rainstorm hit them. While in the mountains, you never know what the weather wishes to act like!
- Mini repair kits: You absolutely have no idea how essential these can be! It will assist you to fix anything such as a loose pole, broken strap, tears in backpacks, etc. Mini repair kits usually contain a variety of products straight from leatherman, safety pins, duct tapes, pocket knives, repair patches, etc, that serve multipurpose. In case you use a lighter, you can wrap duct tape around it to keep it handy.
- Water purifier: Drinking water is essential. Your body needs tons of water to walk through the mountain. Hence, carrying extra water or even a purifier/filter with you is highly recommended. In case you plan a long hike, this is a must-have. Be it any weather, staying hydrated at the end of the day is what your body needs. After all, you need to feel good to have fun right? You can even store one or two water bottles that are lightweight in the sides of your backpack to get easy access.
- Trekking poles: There are high chances that you can possibly slip down the mountain. In such cases, these poles help you to save your life. Although many will not consider trekking poles as a “must-have”, it is highly essential. In fact, if you are a beginner, make sure you carry it with you. These poles keep the pressure away from your knees and thus it gives you better power to walk even higher!
With this, here are the top 9 things that you need to carry with you, the next time you step out for your adventure. Enjoy hiking!