Netgear extenders are leading the race when it comes to expanding the WiFi coverage of an existing router. If you are facing slow internet issues or looking to enjoy internet in every nook and cranny of your home, then you must also configure a Netgear extender at your home. Don’t know how to do Netgear extender setup? Well, worry not! This all-inclusive guide will help you make your extender up and running in a few minutes. All you need to do is follow the instructions given in the article and make things happen in a jiffy.
How to do Netgear Extender Setup?
For your information, a Netgear extender can be installed using various methods. You can opt for the WPS method if your router also supports WPS. Else, you can manually make the device operational. In the sections given below, you will get to know about both the methods in detail. Let’s get started.
Netgear Extender Setup Using WPS
Before you commence the extender setup process, make sure your extender is plugged into a working power socket and the LEDs on it are stable.
Also, bear in mind to place both your router and extender in the same room for initial setup. Later, however, you can change the location of your extender as per your WiFi needs.
- Start by pressing the WPS button on your extender.
- Once done, look for the WPS button on your host router and press it.
- In a while, your router will get connected to the extender.
That’s all! This is how you can set up your Netgear extender using the WPS method. Just in case your router does not support WPS, consider moving to the next section and learn how to do Netgear extender setup using the Manual Method.
Manually Set up Netgear Extender
- Connect your new extender to the router. You can connect both the devices either using an Ethernet cable or with the help of a wireless connection.
- Once done with connecting your devices, plug in the extender to a power source and set the power button to the on position.
- Soon the lights on your extender will start glowing green.
- Now, get access to your computer and type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
Note: Netgear extender setup can be done using any web browser, however, make sure the one you select is updated with the latest software version.
- Locate the Enter key on your device and press it.
- You will then be taken to the login page of your range extender.
- This is where you need to type the default credentials of your device.
Quick Tip: If you are unaware of the default login details, have an eye on the manual that came along with your extender at the time of purchase.
- Enter the login details into their given fields and select Log In.
- Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will reveal on your screen. This is basically the dashboard of your extender.
- Reaching here, select the network you want to expand.
- Certain on-screen instructions will prompt on your screen.
Follow all the notifications in the same order as appearing and complete the Netgear extender setup process using the manual method.
Here ends our guide on how to set up a Netgear extender. We hope that after following the steps given in the article, you will be able to install your extender in a hassle-free manner.
Do let us know in the comments which method worked in your case. Also, share your feedback about the assistance given through this piece of writing regarding configuring a Netgear extender.