Gone are the days when women used to thread their eyebrows thin. Now bold, very natural-looking brows are more in fashion. Several brow treatments have been introduced so far. However, the most popular one at the moment is the “Ombre Brows”. If you are a fan of bold brows as well, knowing Ombre Brow gives a soft-shaded pencil look is not enough.
Everything you need to know about Ombre Brows
First of all, you need to know What ” exactly” Ombre Brows are? Ombre Brows are a form of semi-permanent makeup. These are the same lust-worthy brows that almost all models and influencers have these days. These Brows have darker tails and are lighter toward the center.
How are Ombre Brows achieved?
The Ombre Brows are achieved by placing extremely thin dots of pigment using a machine. The procedure is performed by a technician and it usually lasts about a good 2 to 3 years.
The Ombre Brow procedure is not “very” painful but it’s not painless at all as well. The person getting the brows done feels a similar sensation to rapid tweezing or an electric toothbrush pressed against the skin. So, it would be more appropriate to say that the procedure is discomfortable but not painful.
Before showing up for the Ombre Brow appointment, there are a few things your technician wants you to do and avoid;
- Avoid taking caffeine, blood thinning tablets (aspirin, niacin, or ibuprofen), and high vitamin supplements at least a few weeks before the appointment
- Show up without makeup
- Discontinue chemical peel, Retin-A, and glycolic weeks before the Ombre Brow treatment
- Avoid using makeup, facewash, and other face products containing acids
- Botox can only be performed two weeks before or after the Ombre Brow treatment
The Ombre Brow procedure starts with applying a topical anesthetic to numb the area. Once the area is completely numb, the technician etches in the brow shape and mimics a powder-filled brow look by using a tattoo pen. Since the technician has to fill the brows with extremely thin dots, the procedure is lengthy. It usually lasts about one to two hours.
Once the Ombre Brows are done, you have to be as careful as you usually are after getting a tattoo.
- Do not shower or wash your face for at least 48 hours
- Avoid taking steam immediately after the treatment
- Avoid exercising as sweating is bad for the newly achieved Ombre Brows
- Do not pick, scratch, or rub the Brows
- After 48 hours, start washing your brows with a gentle cleanser once in the morning and once in the evening
- Use a light moisturizer once a day
What else do you need to know?
Everyone wishing to get Ombre Brows needs to know that you should at least have to be 18 years old. You have to show up with an ID card, the technician will only begin the procedure once your age is confirmed. Moreover, you should not be pregnant or breastfeeding to get the brows done.