Headaches are a common health condition that almost everyone experiences these days. Do you know that your common headache has many types, and tension headache is the most common type? Whenever you feel pain in your head, forehead, or face, it doesn’t always mean the same type of headache. Some headaches are not dangerous and simple healthy steps can help you get rid of them. But some types of headaches. Before you buy co codamol 30/500 online, it is important to know the types of headaches and the answers to common questions about them.
Table of Contents
What Exactly Is A Headache?
It is a pain that you feel in your head, forehead, or face that people usually describe as a constant, throbbing, dull, or sharp pressure. You can have a headache of different severity, frequency, and painful location in your head.
Headaches are stated as the most common type of pain that almost everyone suffers from at many times during their lives. They usually result in people missing school, and work, or the need to visit their doctor from time to time.
What Are The Common Types Of Headaches?
Do you know that the headache you suffer from is one of the 150 types of headaches? You can treat a lot of them if you buy co codamol 30/500 online. The two major categories of headaches are primary and secondary headaches.
- Primary Headaches
The reasons for primary headaches are overactivity or dysfunction of the pain-sensitive parts of the head. They are not caused by an underlying medical condition and you do should not consider them as a sign of another medical condition. Sometimes genetic factors also make people more likely to develop primary headaches. Usually, people suffer from these primary headaches:
- Tension headaches (the most common one)
- Cluster headaches
- NDPH or New Daily Persistent Headaches
Some lifestyle factors or everyday situations can be the reason for primary headaches. These include:
- Red wine and other types of alcohol
- Food-triggered headaches caused by consuming some foods that contain nitrates, such as processed meats
- Nicotine headaches caused by consuming nicotine
- Not having enough sleep or changes in sleep patterns
- Incorrect posture
- Exertion headache caused by physical activity and exercise
- Hunger headaches caused by skipping meals
- Primary cough headaches result from coughing, blowing your nose, sneezing, straining, crying, or laughing vigorously
Even though primary headaches can disturb the everyday routine and can be very painful, they are typically not dangerous.
- Secondary Headaches
Secondary headaches result from an underlying medical condition and are considered a symptom or sign of a serious medical problem. Some types of secondary headaches aren’t dangerous and you can cure them by treating the underlying health condition. These include:
- Sinus headaches
- Headaches caused by medicine overuse
- Dehydration headache
There are two types of secondary headaches which are a symptom of a potentially life-threatening medical condition. These include:
- Spinal headaches: These are an intense secondary type of headaches and are caused by the spinal fluid leaking out of the membrane that covers the spinal cord. If spinal headaches are left untreated for a long time, they can develop into life-threatening complications, such as seizures and subdural hematoma.
- Thunderclap headaches: This is one of the most painful types of headaches and comes suddenly like a clap of thunder. This intense headache becomes severe within one minute and can last at least five minutes. Some thunderclap headaches are harmless, but you should seek medical help immediately as they can be a sign of:
- Brain bleed
- Head injury
- Changes in blood pressure
- Reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome
How To Differentiate A Headache From Migraine?
Migraine is an example of a primary headache disorder. A migraine is characterized by a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Physical activity, sounds, smells, and lights can make migraines worse. You can have a migraine for some hours and it can even last days.
What Are The Ways To Get Rid Of Headaches?
Sometimes you can treat mild headaches at home by using natural remedies or pain relief medicines. Before you buy co codamol 30/500 online, you should also use the following natural ways to treat headaches:
- Do stretching exercises
- Massage your head, face, back, or neck
- Take a walk
- Apply heat or cold using packs or pads on the head, forehead, and neck
- Laying down and relaxing in a quiet and dark place
Ways To Prevent Headaches
Even if you can buy co-codamol 30/500 online to treat headaches, it is better to prevent them from coming and avoid them. The key to preventing headaches is to find the factor that triggers them. These factors may be different for everyone, determine your own trigger and try to avoid or minimize it.
For instance, strong scents may be the reason behind your headaches. You can prevent this type of headache by avoiding scented products and perfumes. Other common triggers can be poor posture, lack of sleep, or some troublesome foods. Most people are not able to figure out the triggers and avoid them. These people should buy co codamol 30/500 online as a possible way to treat headaches. If you suffer from headaches, then it is better to rest at your home and order your medicines online. Super Meds offers you the chance to get pain relief and other medicines while you stay in the comfort of your home.