Using graphic software tools will teach you an essential lesson – that you must appeal to your customer’s eyes first and their minds after. This is because online marketing has evolved over the years and taken customer behavior along with it, now needing more captivating graphics than ever.
Today, you have 8-10 seconds to hook and engage a viewer, meaning that visually captivating videos are some of the most important tools in a marketing campaign’s arsenal. However, using software like the Moovly graphic tool to improve your video marketing campaign for the first time can be quite the learning curve. But as you understand the true power they hold in your business, using them to optimize your content goals becomes second nature.
Read on as we learn about the influence of graphic software tools in your video marketing campaign, some practical applications of these tools, and a guide for choosing the right tool. I’ve also added a bonus section where I outlined the expert tips and tricks I’ve gathered in my video marketing journey.
Harnessing the Power of Graphic Software Tools in Video Marketing
While graphic design tools hold huge potential, only an informed hand will really enjoy its benefits. Below are two ways you can effectively harness the power of graphic software tools to boost your video marketing campaign:
The Visual Appeal: Crafting Aesthetically Pleasing Videos
The first and most obvious way to use graphic software tools is to create videos for your audience. For one, visually captivating videos convey a high level of professionalism to viewers. At the very least, you communicate that “we’re a big brand”, and viewers associate “big brands” with credibility.
But this is only the subconscious thought process. You can convey more active messages by using these tips to create tailored visually captivating videos:
- Size images properly: Unproportionate sizing is a rookie mistake that can easily write off your brand because it conveys beginner-level or amateurish marketing. Every platform has specific size ratios, which you should closely follow when uploading (high-quality) media. It helps you avoid being the victim of a horrid auto-crop.
- Avoid using too much text: When it comes to creating visually captivating videos, less text is more. Chunks of text can seem blocky, boring, and tiresome for viewers to read, causing them to scroll off before you even communicate the message. Instead, work with light digestible bits of information while hooking them with interesting graphics to keep them till the end of your video.
Interactive Elements: Engaging the Audience Effectively
- Work with a mascot: Brand mascots can help you incorporate the element of fun while hitting marketing milestones. They keep the audience entertained and show them another memorable side of your brand. Plus, they’re a great way to advertise your brand without adding the logo.
Take Duolingo, for instance. Their bright green owl is easily recognized in all settings, even in social media comments. Through consistent advertising and remarketing, Duo the Owl is now known as the interactive language tutor, even without a logo
- Establish brand colors: In the world of online marketing, one key element of good branding is to be recognizable. Reputable brands accomplish this with a brand kit, which might include custom fonts, textures, lines, colors, and animation styles. These will lay the foundation of familiarity and stick to a viewer even when they can’t remember your name.
Implementing Graphic Software Tools: A Step-by-Step Guide
Before we delve into the proper use of graphic software tools for excellent results, it is important to note the variety and range of these tools. For instance, graphic software can be anything from Canva to Animaker, and everything in between. How you intend to use them will be the deciding factor on which ones to subscribe to.
Below is a guide to help you maximize your campaign’s results with graphic software tools:
Graphic Tools at Your Disposal: Making an Informed Choice
Here’s an overview of popular graphic software tools available in the market:
- Moovly: Moovly is a video creation software designed to help individuals, businesses and educational bodies create professional videos quickly and easily. It features ready-to-go templates, fonts, and styles so that creators can build their designs instead of starting from scratch.
- Animaker: Like Moovly, Animaker is a graphic software tool aimed at helping people create high-quality DIY videos. It excels at making live videos and animated content from scratch, making it ideal for video marketing campaigns across all niches.
- Adobe Photoshop: Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editor used to cut, merge, and create media for content creation. It’s precision and extensive tools can give your video content marketing the air of professionalism it deserves.
- Canva: Canva is a graphic design platform popularly used to create graphics for social media campaigns. It offers users a range of tailored pricing plans, along with an extensive free plan for creators who aren’t yet ready for a subscription.
- Adobe Illustrator: Adobe Illustrator is used to create professional infographics, logos, and icons. It is versatile and extensive, and it supports multiple formats.
Tips and Tricks: Maximizing the Potential of Graphic Software Tools
Here are a few tips I learned during the course of learning how to use graphic tools and utilize their best potential:
- Layout: The layout or arrangement of media in a video determines how long a viewer stays and, most importantly, their first impression of your brand. I didn’t have much of a plan for my first video marketing campaign, which meant that my graphics combinations lacked balance. Next time you’re working on a campaign, ensure that your elements are planned and prepared before putting them together so that you maintain balance throughout the design.
- Typography: Typography is more than just font, it is also the spacing and size of your design’s text. I found that improperly sized fonts can be distracting, which conveys amateurish notes to your viewers. Avoid random styles because they can also take away from the intended mood of the whole campaign.
- Color Psychology: When picking out my brand kit, I learned how colors extend past attracting a viewer to mentally stimulating them. For instance, red, yellow, and orange are the best brand colors for eateries and restaurants, mostly because these colors abundantly occur as food in nature.
Take the McDonald’s logo, for example. The colors are so consistent with the brand’s marketing campaigns that customers associate mouthwatering meals with every McDonald’s ad.
Graphic software is irreplaceable in a strong marketing strategy. They help lay the foundation for a positive customer experience and help you establish yourself as an industry leader in your niche.
When picking out new software, however, you should outline your content needs and put them beside a good software rating methodology. User ratings are also useful here because they give you insight into how creators like you used the video creation tool and their overall experience.
There’s a plethora of tools at your fingertips that can drive amazing results. Be open to experimenting with different graphic software tools to boost your next video marketing campaign strategy!