NSW contributes to the 491 visa program that helps regional economies and communities by settling skilful migrants who commit to long-term living and working in regional NSW.
The 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visas grant temporary residency with the possibility of obtaining Subclass 191 Skilled Regional (Permanent) visas for permanent residence.
Also, you will have to complete the residence requirements and income requirements of the designated regional area of Australia for three years and other restrictions stipulated in the visa 191.
Invited skilled professionals nominated or sponsored for five years by a State or Local government department can live, work, or study in designated regional areas under the 491 Visa Australia.
How to apply for 491 Visa NSW
Remember that you can only get this visa on an invitation. If you are nominated, you will be allowed to work and reside in regional NSW for five years.
You can apply for sponsorship in NSW by following the steps below. We have listed ten steps to make the process as easy as possible.
- You must match the eligibility criteria.
- Check the occupations list. Your occupation must be present on the Regional Skilled Occupation List in NSW.
- At the time of application for 491 NSW nomination, you must have a positive skills assessment.
- Submit an Expression of Interest for Skill Select
- Register Your Interest in the NSW nomination process
- An invitation to apply from the NSW government must be received.
- Complete your application and documentation
- Pay for your Application Assessment
- Submit Your Application
- Await the result of your application
Eligibility criteria for 491 Visa NSW
You must match the following eligibility criteria to apply for the 491 Visa.
- The age limit for this Visa is 18 years to 45 years.
- The minimum point requirement is 65, and you will gain 15 points if you are nominated.
- You must be nominated by a state or territory government institute or sponsored by a qualified relative.
- You must reside in regional NSW to qualify. Moving to regional NSW is not possible at this time. A minimum period in regional NSW is not required. There is no eligibility for offshore applicants.
- When applying for Subclass 491 NSW nomination, you must have proficient English, for example, a score of at least 6 in each of the four IELTS bands.
Documents required for 491 Visa NSW
When applying for a 491 visa, you’ll need to provide the following documents,
- A passport with a photo.
- Proof of name change documents include death, marriage, and divorce certificates.
- Skill assessment papers.
- English proficient test results.
- The letter(s) from your employer(s) confirming your employment in your nominated occupation.
- Character certificate from the police in every country you’ve lived in since 16.
- Sponsorship documents: proof of citizenship, residency, and relationship.
- Partner documents: ID, skill assessment, and English test results.
Processing Time for 491 Visa NSW
There are currently no timeframes for the 491 visa NSW. Due to the following factors, processing time may vary:
- How quickly do you reply to requests for further information if your application is complete with all required documents?
- How long does it take to complete the required procedures to validate your supporting documents?
As of now, the following is the average processing time:
- For 75% of all visa applications, the 491 visa (state nominated stream) takes roughly six months, and for 90 per cent, it takes eight months.
- For around 75% of all visa applications, the subclass 491 visa (family sponsored stream) takes about nine months, and for 90% of visa applications, it takes about ten months.
Benefits for 491 Visa NSW
There are a lot of benefits associated with the 491 Visa, such as:
- Once the visa has been granted, the applicant can stay in Australia for five years.
- You are permitted to work, reside, and study in a particular Australian region.
- As long as the visa is valid, you can travel to and from Australia at any time.
- Once your visa is valid for three years, Permanent residency may be applied.
- You may bring your family with you when you apply for a visa.
- A 491 Visa NSW will give you 15 bonus points.
Difference between Visa 190 NSW And Visa 491 NSW
A 190 Visa NSW is for permanent residents living and working in Australia.
A 491 Visa NSW is for those who want to live and work in some of Australia’s regional areas.
Subclass 190 visas are Skilled, Points-tested and Invited keys for those who want to migrate to Australia. The state or territory sponsors these applicants for the first two years after they arrive in Australia.
Subclass 491 visas are also skilled, Points-tested and invited visas. For the first three years after settling in a state or territory, these individuals or qualifying families are sponsored by the state or territory.
Australia has world-class educational institutions as well as good living conditions. It offers skilled international professionals a variety of job options. Australia provides the subclass 491 Visa, ideal for qualified foreign employees. With a 491 Visa (Skilled Regional Visa), you can work in Australia for five years.
If you are presently residing in Australia and wish to pursue a career in public relations in Australia, a 491 Visa is one of the best options. If you believe you meet the eligibility criteria and you may be qualified for the 491 Visa NSW, don’t hesitate to contact us at The Migration.