This post was most recently updated on April 29th, 2023
A clean and hygienic workplace is essential for the health and productivity of employees. With the outbreak of COVID-19, maintaining a clean workplace has become even more critical. While many offices focus on daily cleaning tasks such as vacuuming and wiping down surfaces, there are certain areas that often go overlooked. In this article, we will discuss the areas in your office that need the most cleaning.
- Restrooms Restrooms are one of the most frequently used areas in any workplace, making them a breeding ground for germs and bacteria. Regular cleaning of restrooms is essential to maintain hygiene and prevent the spread of illness. Surfaces like toilet seats, door handles, and faucets should be sanitized multiple times a day, so they need janitorial services. The floors should also be mopped and sanitized regularly.
- Kitchen and break room The kitchen and break room are areas where employees come together to relax and eat. These areas require regular cleaning to maintain hygiene and prevent the spread of germs. Surfaces like countertops, refrigerator handles, and microwave buttons should be cleaned and sanitized frequently. Employees should also be encouraged to clean up after themselves to maintain a clean and hygienic environment. Desks and workstations Employees spend a significant amount of time at their desks, making them a prime location for germs and bacteria. Desks and workstations should be cleaned regularly, including wiping down surfaces and disinfecting keyboards and mousepads. Employees should also be encouraged to keep their workstations clean and tidy.
- High-touch surfaces High-touch surfaces such as door handles, light switches, and elevator buttons are frequently touched by multiple people throughout the day. These surfaces should be cleaned and sanitized regularly to prevent the spread of germs. It is also a good idea to provide employees with disinfectant wipes to clean these surfaces before and after use.
- Carpets and upholstery Carpets and upholstery can harbor dust, dirt, and allergens, which can affect the air quality of the workplace. Regular vacuuming and cleaning of carpets and upholstery can help to maintain a clean and healthy workplace. Professional cleaning services should be employed for the deep cleaning of carpets and upholstery.
- Air vents and ducts Air vents and ducts can accumulate dust and allergens, which can affect the air quality of the workplace. Regular cleaning of air vents and ducts can help to maintain a clean and healthy workplace. Professional cleaning services should be employed for the deep cleaning of air vents and ducts.
- Storage areas such as closets and cabinets can accumulate dust and dirt over time. Regular cleaning of storage areas can help to maintain a clean and hygienic workplace. It is also important to ensure that these areas are well-organized to prevent the accumulation of clutter. Also check: Cleaners East London
In conclusion, maintaining a clean and hygienic workplace is essential for the health and productivity of employees. While many areas in the workplace require regular cleaning, certain areas often go overlooked. Restrooms, kitchens and break rooms, desks and workstations, high-touch surfaces, carpets and upholstery, air vents and ducts, and storage areas are all areas that require regular cleaning to maintain a clean and healthy workplace. By implementing regular cleaning protocols for these areas, employers can ensure that their workplace is safe and healthy for employees. Check out Our janitorial services