Tools for testing software and website performance are an essential part of development. Performance testing provides information about the speed, stability, and scalability of applications. Moreover, performance testing identifies what needs to be improved in a product before it is launched in the market. Without performance testing, the software may suffer issues like running slow while many users use it simultaneously,
The performance testing tools segment of the software testing industry is growing quickly, and there are a wide variety of performance testing tools available, each claiming to be the best tool. In this article, we’ll examine the features and benefits of several popular performance testing tools to assist you in making the right selection.
The Top Performance Testing Tools to look out for in 2023
TestGrid is a powerful testing platform that helps evaluate and optimize an application’s or website’s performance by providing performance metrics like CPU and memory utilization. These metrics can be used to evaluate the application’s quality and efficiency and identify any issues that may impact its performance. TestGrid lets you test applications on real devices in the cloud and on all browser and OS versions.
- TestGrid lets you measure application or website response time. A slower response time can cause a poor user experience.
- It measures CPU utilization, which is the percentage of a device’s CPU that an application uses.
- Through TestGrid, you can measure memory utilization, the amount of memory an application uses.
- It provides rich insights into UI, device, and API performance
- It facilitates no code/low code test case writing, which makes it easy for non-technical people to use
- It offers remote and secure access from any location across the world
- It quickly identifies faults and bugs in even highly complicated applications, thus helping you rectify them during the early development stages
- TestGrid helps you save time and effort through its automated testing. Now you can run longer and more complex tests without monitoring each one personally.
- Using TestGrid, you can extend your testing sessions and test more efficiently and accurately, resulting in better-than-average software.
With LoadNinja by SmartBear, you can swiftly develop scriptless, complex load tests, cut testing time in half by using actual browsers in place of load simulators, and obtain actionable, browser-based data. Capturing client-side interactions is simple, as is real-time debugging and the detection of performance issues. By automating manual processes like dynamic correlation, script translation, and script scrubbing, LoadNinja helps teams to boost their test coverage without compromising quality. Engineers, testers, and product teams can spend less time on load-testing script development and more time on creating scalable apps with the help of LoadNinja.
- InstaPlay Recorder enables scriptless recording and playback of load tests.
- Real Browser Load Testing at a large scale
- Debugging tests in real-time with the VU Debugger
- Manage the activities of your virtual users in real time with VU Inspector.
- The cloud eliminates the need for a physical server and related maintenance.
- Advanced browser-based metrics with analytics and reporting capabilities
Kobiton provides you with flexible real-device access options, such as the cloud (both public and private) and on-premises. Kobiton allows users to combine real-world device testing with load and stress testing tools through its Performance Testing features. You can accomplish this manually with script-based automation tools like Appium or with Kobiton’s AI-powered, scriptless engine. You can simply combine Kobiton with other platforms like NeoLoad and JMeter to gain visibility into app and device-specific performance metrics.
- Kobiton’s device lab management facilitates communication with devices across cloud, on-premises, and desktop devices.
- Generate automation testing scripts from existing manual tests that may be run in parallel on several devices.
- Kobiton’s Payload capture allows users to conduct essential app and website performance testing.
- Allows manual session-to-automatic test case creation
Using HeadSpin’s performance testing features, digital experiences may be fine-tuned to the user’s satisfaction. It aids in the constant tracking of application, device, network, and third-party interface performance problems and their resolution or optimisation. HeadSpin lets you quickly resolve functional and performance issues across apps, devices, and networks.
- Provides cross-device and cross-browser support
- Lets you execute several tests in parallel
- Take advantage of state-of-the-art AI features to automatically detect performance issues during testing, so you can fix them before they affect users.
- You can test on many real devices in more than 100 locations with SIM-card-enabled devices
JMeter, an open-source software, may be used for performance testing to analyse and measure performance for different services. It is one of the top website load-testing tools for web service applications and is widely used for performance testing.
- This free application supports many load injectors handled by a single controller and does not require cutting-edge infrastructure for load testing.
- It’s one of the performance testing tools that is portable and works with every Java app.
- Its straightforward graphical user interface means less time is spent writing scripts in order to verify API performance.
- Offers support for offline analysis of test results
- It supports multiple types of tests and basic protocols
Why is performance testing needed?
Performance testing must be conducted before product release to provide a satisfying end-user experience. While it’s true that fixing performance issues can be pricey, skipping testing altogether might end up costing much more in the long run, jeopardising a business’s brand’s image or digital strategy. Software that hasn’t been subjected to rigorous performance testing before release is more likely to have speed, usability, and platform compatibility issues.
If your webpage or app takes too much time to load, users may start looking elsewhere, costing you business. That’s why a huge consumer demand exists for more responsive online services.
If you want your website or app to be trusted by its users, you must conduct thorough performance testing to ensure it loads quickly and performs efficiently. You can increase conversions by making the adjustments that your testing reveals are necessary.
As we’ve seen, there is no shortage of performance testing tools on the market. Choose the ones you believe will accurately reflect the needs of testing your website or app.