The Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek offers an unmatchable opportunity to experience the High Himalayas range and highland village nature, and culture with adventure. Due to the diversity in the region in terms of both, landscapes and ethnic groups people are living in the region and along the trail. The majority of these ethnic groups are Gurung and Magar. Trekking Trail Nepal has deep ground knowledge, and information thoroughly before creating this trekking holiday and we update according. Himalayan Annapurna Base Camp Trekking activity is an intrepid you must experience once.
Annapurna is a Sanskrit word for “goddess of the harvest”. She is one of the most revered goddesses of the whole country, as Nepalese follows the sustainability agriculture cycle. The massif Annapurna Himalayas Range also holds sacred connotations to Hindus and locals. Trekking Trail Nepal offers this 5-day Short ABC Trek to the base camp of Annapurna Mountains.
This trek is one of the most popular treks in recent years after the road reached almost the Jhinu Danda. Following this itinerary you not only able to complete Annapurna Base Camp Trekking in 5 days but also skip the dusty road by adventurous 4WD drive. In short, ABC Trek creates a lifetime opportunity to witness the breathtaking views of the Himalayas with sunset and sunrise, and more. This would remain alive in memories for years to come tempting you to come to return to the embrace of the Himalayas.
Table of Contents
Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek Highlights
Trekking in the Annapurna Base Camp region of Nepal offers a captivating adventure through stunning landscapes, diverse cultures, and breathtaking Himalayas beauty. Here are some of the highlights of Annapurna trekking:
- Spectacular Mountain Views: The Annapurna region is renowned for its stunning panoramic views of some of the world’s highest peaks, including Annapurna I (8,091 meters), Himchuli, Annapurna South, the virgin peak aka Machapuchare (6,993 meters), Annapurna III, Tharpu Chuli, Gangapurna, and many others. Sunrise and sunset views from Annapurna Base Camp viewpoint add flavor to Short ABC Trek.
- Diverse Landscapes: The Annapurna Base Camp trek takes you through a diverse range of landscapes. It contains lush terraced fields and dense rhododendron forests to high rocky hills and green glacial valleys of Annapurna Base Camp and hill Vally of Pokhara. You will get unmatchable diverse landscape and scenery which is truly awe-inspiring.
- Natural Hot Springs: The dream of soaking in a natural hot spring pool to relax your muscles is possible in our Short Annapurna Base Camp Trekking withTrekking Trail Nepal. The hot spring pool at Jhinu Danda 1710m provides you with the refreshing and rejuvenating experience with ABC Trek even with 5 days Itinerary.
- Annapurna Base Camp ( ABC ): All Annapurna Base Camp Trekking targeted to reach Annapurna Base Camp (4130 meters) which is one of the world’s easiest and shortest base camp trekking trails to see the 8000 meters high mountain peaks just close to your arm.
- Local Cuisine: Enjoy traditional Nepali and Tibetan-modified cuisine along the trekking trail of Annapurna Base Camp. The most popular is dal-bhat which is lentil soup and vegetable curry with boiled rice, Mo:Mo: Nepalese dumplings, Nepalese ready-to-eat noodles, buckwheats bread, and various local and regional dishes freshly made with organic ingredients is one highlight of Annapurna Base Camp trekking.
- Natural Beauty: Encounter breathtaking small and big waterfalls, deep gorges between mountains, pristine yet roaring rivers, and tranquil grasslands all in 5 days of Annapurna Base Camp Trekking from Pokhara to Pokhara. Although you follow the shortest ABC Trek route, you will not miss any of the natural attractions.
- Multiple Hiking Routes Options: The Annapurna base camp trekking route comes with multiple trekking trail options. For the shortest, you can do it in 4 Days straight up and back from Pokhara, while for longer you can combine with Annapurna Circuits, Upper Mustang even with Short Manaslu Circuit Trek. Among them, the most used is Ghorepani Poon Hill with Annapurna Base Camp Trek. These optional trekking trails not only come with days, but you can adjust the difficulty level of your trekking.
Best Months For Short ABC Trek
September, October, November, and December
During these months, the weather is stable with a clear blue sky. Sunny day and chilly morning and evening. It is neither too hot nor too cold. Hence, the temperature is just outstanding. The average daily temperature for ABC in this season is 9-18 degrees at day and 2-7 degrees at night.
As a result, the views are undisturbed, completely peaceful, and clear at night for Lunar Trekking and Stargazing. Along with natural attractions, Nepalese festivals can be celebrated during these months. As this season will be full of trekkers, if you want to follow less crowd please skip September, October, November, and December.
March, April, and May
The months of March, April, and May are the best for the beautiful surrounding is colorfully natural for Annapurna Base Camp Trekking. Normally the weather is sunny and warm with outstanding views. Although some sections of the trekking trail will be dry, dusty, and smoking hot due to some steep ups and down.
The average daily temperature for Annapurna Base Camp Trekking during these months is 14-22 degrees during the day and 5-9 degrees at night. Though some days may be cloudy as it is pre-monsoon season. A crystal-clear view of the Himalayas, and roaring rivers, colorful blooming flowers are the highlights of these months.
Short ABC Trek Itinerary – 5 Days
As Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is the same trail from Choomroong to ABC and back, 5-day Short ABC trekking itinerary is getting popular. It not only saves your valued time but also combines the 4WD driving adventures with the Natural Spring pool.
Trekking Trail Nepal comes with the best 5 days commercially successful itinerary, which is created after years of experience, and knowledge, and operated by experienced guides and porters.
Day 1: Pokhara to Lower Sinuwa (2140m)
- Drive from Pokhara to Simroong (approx. 3 hours)
- Trek to Chhomroong village 1-2 hours
- Explore the Gurung culture and enjoy the mountain views
- Descend to the Chhomrong Khola 1 hour
- Ascend to Lower Sinuwa 1 hour
Day 2: Sinuwa to Deaurali (3200m)
- Accent through lush forests to Bamboo 2 hours
- Continue to Dovan and then to Himalaya Hotel, 3 hours.
- Hike along through the beautiful Modi Khola gorge.
- Ascend through Hinku Cave to Deurali 2 Hours.
Day 3: Himalaya Hotel to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) and back to Bamboo
- Trek to Machapuchare Base Camp (3,700m) 3 hours.
- Continue to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC), for 2 hours.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of Annapurna’s first 8,091m, Machapuchare, Gangapurna, Himchuli, Annapurna South, and surrounding peaks.
- Overnight at Annapurna Base Camp.
Day 4: Annapurna Base Camp to Lower Sinuwa
- Enjoy the sunrise, breakfast, and hike down to Machapuchare Base Camp, for 1 hour.
- Continue to Lower Sinuwa following the same trekking trial passing Deaurali, Himalaya, Upper Dovan, Dovan, Bamboo, and Sinuwa, 7-8 hours.
Day 5: Lower Sinuwa to Jhinu Danda (1,710m) and drive to Pokhara
- Descend to Chhomrong Khola and ascend to Chhomrong village, for 2 hours.
- Descend to Jhinu Danda, 1 hour.
- Relax in the natural hot springs pool by Modi River and last lunch of ABC Trek, 2 hours
- Drive back to Pokhara for 3 hours.
Service To Know for Short ABC Trek
Meals and Drinks
During our 5 days on Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek, you can enjoy authentic Nepalese food as well the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served in the same tea houses, while lunch will be served during day hikes. There are no restrictions on food and drink choices depending on your interest and taste as Trekking Trail Nepal provides an Ala carte menu for our guests.
Leader and Staff Arrangements
The most significant thing that makes our Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek successful, enjoyable, and memorable is the skilled, experienced, flexible, and helpful trekking leaders, guides, and porters. Our trek will be led by the best and most professional guides.
All Trekking Trail Nepal leaders are carefully selected and trained based on their appropriate experience, leadership skills, and personal aptitude. To sustain local communities, Trekking Trail Nepal only employs local staff who have adequate knowledge about the culture, ecosystem, flora, fauna, geography, and history of the Annapurna region.
Guide and Porter Care
Trekking Trail Nepal is firmly committed to porter and guide rights. We make sure that all our porters are well-treated and well-paid. Furthermore, Trekking Trail Nepal also provides the required level of shelter, clothing, and footwear that these harsh environments demand. And Trekking Trail Nepal heartily request all trekkers keep the weight of their luggage under 12kg / 26 pounds per person. However, during emergencies, they can carry up to 80 Kg happily.
Physical Condition and Experience Requirements
Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is easy to moderate trek suitable for passionate walkers with the ability to walk at least 6-9 hours a day with a light day pack. Walking at higher altitudes is more physically demanding than walking at lower altitudes. however, if we are in excellent health with average physical fitness and have a positive attitude, self-confidence, and strong determination, we can accomplish this short Annapurna Base Camp Trek of 5 days.
Please note Annapurna Base Camp trekking trail has multiple steep uphill and downhill too as we follow the same route. So we request you to do more physical workouts. Exercising and jogging regularly for some weeks before your short Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is a good idea to enhance our strength and stability.
Past hiking experience is not mandatory but would be an asset but no technical skill is required. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and bones please, consult your doctor before you start the trek. It is also advised that you inform Trekking Trail Nepal about your medical condition before booking the trek.
Please Note: Day 4 Is the longest, Please take it easily, No Rush, No Jumping Down. Annapurna Base Camp Trek is much more easier than Everest Base Camp Trek.
As Trekking Trail Nepal is a Zero Rescue Company, even 7 years of Short Trekking Operations to Annapurna Base Camp. We don’t force you to buy Insurance, but it is for the best assurance travel insurance is highly recommended. Please note that we don’t arrange or sell insurance, we just recommend the best from the market which covers all sides of travel and easy processing in case of any medical, health, and travel emergencies.
All Trekking Trail Nepal treks are planned with years of experience and a high degree of awareness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Going up at a higher altitude too fast causes a medical condition serious enough to kill. We understand that for a safe trek, it is essential to allow sufficient time for acclimatization. Sensible planning is therefore required to minimize the risk of AMS.
Trekking Trail Nepal’s Short Annapurna Base Camp Trekking itinerary 5 Days is designed to prevent AMS as much as possible. But, it is important to remember that some visitors are more vulnerable than others, which will be taken care of depending on the local situation by our well-trained guide. As per records, Trekking Trail Nepal has no complaints about mountain sickness and related.
Trekking Gears and Packing List
This list is a trekking gears list guideline to help you pack for your Annapurna Base Camp Trekking of 5 days. Also, understand that the items listed below will vary a little according to the season and the trek duration. The weight limit for your luggage is 26 pounds or 12 kg per person. Please note that your luggage will be carried by your porter but you are required to carry a day pack including your valuables, drinking water, day gear, and breakables. We strongly suggest you pack only what is necessary, not what might be useful.
- Personal First-aid kit: Must have Aspirin, Band-Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium, or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea
- Wet wipes for cleaning can be purchased in Kathmandu.
- Health requirements arranged
- Money: cash/credit card
- Down Sleeping bag provided by Trekking Trail Nepal.
- Light weight Towel
- Day pack (25-30 liter) to carry your personal needs during the day
- Flashlight – headlamp style is a must
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, and lip balm
- Refillable water bottle – Min 1 Liter Aluminum or Nalgene polypropylene is best
- Warm Hat, Gloves – wool or fleeced and gore-tex and Scarf
- Sunhat/bandana, and Sunglasses
- Bag Liners to waterproof your bags (A duffel bag is provided to each trekker from Trekking Trail Nepal
- Wind and waterproof Jacket
- Comfortable and sturdy walking shoes. Please wear 1 trek before Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
- Socks: thick wool blend and thin cotton make sure boots fit.
- Quick dry T-shirts
- Hiking shirt long sleeved
- Pants – lightweight long trousers
- Thermals upper and lower