This post was most recently updated on May 10th, 2022
Hair loss is a problem that affects everyone, irrespective of their status in society. Unfortunately, we often tend to believe that celebrities are immune from hair loss due to the picture-perfect persona depicted on screen. However, several male celebrities have, in fact, endured the brunt of hair loss. However, the primary demarcator is that, unlike us, celebrities such as Elon Musk have access to exorbitant hair systems and transplants. So, without further ado, let us check out five male celebrities suffering from hair loss.
- Jude Law – Deemed as the world’s ‘Sexiest Man Alive,’ even Jude Law could not escape the harrows of hair loss. Jude Law’s hairline has noticeably changed over the years and was heavily receding – evident from his films and interviews. In 2009, at the premiere of Sherlock Holmes, Jude conveniently wore a beanie, most probably, to hide his receding hairline. But with that said, he could still pull off the look.
- Jack Nicholson – Three-time Academy Award winner Jack Nicholson’s hair began receding at a very tender age. If we go back to his interviews and movies of the 1970s and 1980s like Chinatown, The Shining, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, it becomes clear that he was suffering from abnormal hair loss. However, Jack turned the tables and used his receding hairline as a way to strengthen his acting prowess. Thus, his distinct lack of hair accentuated his expressive eyebrows.
- John Travolta – Widely acclaimed for his role in movies like Grease, Saturday Night Live, and Pulp Fiction, John Travolta’s hair loss story has unfolded steadily over several decades. However, the paparazzi often found it challenging to outsmart Travolta as he kept the hair loss rumors at bay by simply taking on the look of the character he was working on at the time. Likewise, many people suspect that the actor often resorted to hair systems, wigs and even hair transplants to cover his receding hairline. Finally, however, in 2019, he decided to go the big chop.
- Elon Musk – This unconventional celebrity is always on the news, for one reason or another. From naming his newborn Exa Dark Sideræl to recent spurts of his desire to buy Twitter, the business magnate always has something up his sleeve. However, an infamous scrutiny that does not seem to leave his side is the notion that he was suffering from massive hair loss. Many people assumed that Musk went with a toupee hair system. However, the crux of the matter is that he got an expensive hair transplant procedure, and his current thick mane is a consequence of the same.
- Hugh Laurie – Renowned and loved for his role as Dr. Gregory, Hugh Laurie’s hairline has visibly receded in recent times. However, Laurie remains unbothered and does not cover his receding crown. Contrarily, he can be seen brandishing his scalp at several award shows. Laurie has, indeed, paved a path of acceptance by normalizing hair loss among celebrities in Hollywood.
In conclusion, hair loss, especially among males, is a natural part of the life cycle and should be normalized. Moreover, for people who feel insecure, the legitimization and availability of hair systems, wigs and hairpieces should be promoted and equally normalized.
Want to know about more celebrities who dealt with hair loss? Watch the video below!
Don’t forget tag us at @Superhairpieces and #Superhairpieces on your social media channels to get a shoutout! And make sure to like us on Facebook, follow on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
How to get best Hairstyles ? If you are facing hair loss, don’t worry! At Lordhair, you can find a high-quality men’s toupee that offers a great solution for thinning hair. Simply put glue or double-sided tape underneath the toupee and place it on the exposed or thinning area to get a new, youthful look. This hair loss solution is specifically meant to cover a partially exposed scalp on the top of the head, and many of our mens hair pieces come with long hair so you can cut and create the style you want.