Gone are the days when there used to be appointed staff who recorded every transaction that businesses had daily. Now everything is digitized, and thus the full accounting and bookkeeping process has become simpler and more insightful, which will help make data-driven decisions.
Tally Developer is one career path that revolves around developing exciting new solutions for Tally to improve the overall Tally user experience and improvise its functionality, which will help thousands of small and medium-sized businesses thrive in this data-driven economy. Mastering Tally requires a dedicated online tally course to help you understand the software from the ground up. So if you are a beginner pursuing becoming a Tally Developer, let’s start this blog without further ado!
What is Tally?
Tally is a popular financial and accounting software that helps businesses keep track of their daily business financial data. Tally’s name means “to count and keep a record.”
Tally Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is an Indian MNC that released Tally back in 1986, and it rapidly grew into becoming the go-to accounting software. Even today, the Tally is popular among businesses, with over 2 million using Tally to maintain their financial data.
Why is Tally used?
We now know that Tally is financial software that helps businesses record their daily business data on it to help them keep track of their capital.
But with the introduction of the Tally ERP version back in 2009, Tally became an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) tool. Using Tally ERP, businesses can now use this software for Accounting, Billing, Payroll, Sales and Profit Analysis, Taxation such as VAT, TDS, TCS, Auditing, and Banking Inventory.
Tally has grown even more to incorporate full features from wide-ranging industries, be it small or large scale, with Goods and Services Tax (GST). This software eliminates errors and ensures that it rectifies them with a host of other business management solutions and in-built customizable features.
So let’s now learn the features of Tally that make it the perfect solution for businesses of varying scale and size.
Features of Tally
In this section, we will be discussing the major features of Tally that make it an industry leader:
- Fast (Lightning Fast): Speed is everything that makes businesses adopt and retain Tally as part of their portfolio. It’s the same reason why accountants and auditors choose Tally. The best example is that once you enter vouchers and ledgers in Tally, it can instantly come up with balance and profit sheets with loss reports. This is crucial for businesses to enable them to make decisions much faster through these real-time reports.
- Versatile: As discussed above, Tally is a versatile software combining accounting, inventory management, tax management, billing, payroll, etc.
- Error-free accounting: Since Tally is a computerized software, all the calculations are error-free compared to the early days when manual entry was at its peak.
- Simplicity: Tally’s user interface is direct and simple to use. The tagline of Tally itself denotes this “Power of Simplicity.” Even a beginner can quickly understand and grasp the basics of how Tally is built ground up with an easy interface in mind.
- Multi-lingual support: Tally supports more than 13 Indian languages like Hindi, Telugu, Gujarati, etc. This means that Tally users can view and print reports in the language they are comfortable in. Features like these demonstrate Tally’s industry-leading solutions catering to unique businesses. To make everything easy for businesses to handle.
- Access from anywhere: Tally users can access this software by entering their unique ID and password.
- Data Forecasting: Based on past financial data, it can forecast a budget for your business in the coming year, along with noticeable patterns in current business data.
- GST compliance: Introducing GST was huge for businesses but was implemented fairly quickly. Tally came out at the right time to help businesses make this transition smoothly.
- Affordable pricing: To learn Tally, you can use the educational version of Tally. Businesses can purchase a licensed version of Tally for a lifetime for their resource management and financial purposes. With each new update, businesses can now avail in the form of subscriptions.
Tally, in general, hugely reduced the paperwork gradually associated with manual accounting that businesses used to rely upon. As a result, we fully understand Tally and its industry-leading features, and now you might be wondering how to become a Tally Developer. So let’s discuss that.
How to become a Tally Developer?
Tally Developer is a professional who can build solutions in Tally that helps grow businesses, understand their financial structure better through data, make tax preparations, record transactions, control payroll management, etc.
In simple words, Tally Developer helps businesses thrive better through solutions that will simplify their tasks.
If you are a beginner and wish to become a Tally Developer, then the best way is to learn Tally practically by enrolling in a course that will teach you, Tally, from scratch. But before that, you can watch free YouTube videos and read blogs to help you understand Tally software. And once you complete the Tally Course, gain practical experience by working with data to hone your expertise in Tally.
Then start applying for open positions for Tally Developer through job portals. That’s it!
This article has helped you understand Tally, why businesses use Tally, what features make it an industry leader, and how to become a Tally Developer. If you have any doubts, please reach us through the comment section, and our team will get back to you soon.