This post was most recently updated on May 3rd, 2023
Traveling to Egypt from India is an exciting adventure that offers a glimpse into the ancient and modern world. India and Egypt share a long history of cultural and trade relations, making for a fascinating journey. Egypt is home to many magnificent attractions, such as the Pyramids of Giza, the Nile River, the ancient city of Luxor, and the iconic Sphinx.
Indian travelers can explore the vibrant markets of Cairo, enjoy the beaches of Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, or take a cruise down the Nile. Be sure to sample the delicious Egyptian cuisine and experience the warm hospitality of the locals. If you’re planning to travel to Egypt from India, there are several ways to make the most of your experience. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy Egypt to the fullest:
Table of Contents
Most-Visited Places in Egypt By Indian Travelers
Egypt is a land of ancient history, diverse culture, and awe-inspiring attractions. For Indian travelers, Egypt offers a unique and fascinating experience that is unlike anything else in the world. Here are some of the most visited attractions in Egypt by Indian travelers, along with some information about each one.
The Pyramids of Giza: The Pyramids of Giza are one of the most iconic landmarks in Egypt and the world. They are located on the outskirts of Cairo and were built over 4,500 years ago. The three pyramids were built as tombs for the pharaohs Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure. They are considered one of the Seven Wonders of the World and attract millions of visitors every year.
The Sphinx: Located in Giza, the Sphinx is a statue of a mythical creature with the body of a lion and the head of a human. It is carved out of limestone and stands over 20 meters tall. The Sphinx is believed to have been built during the reign of Pharaoh Khafre, who also built the second-largest pyramid at Giza.
The Egyptian Museum: The Egyptian Museum is located in Cairo and is one of the largest and most comprehensive museums in the world. It contains majestic artifacts from ancient Egypt. The museum provides visitors with a fascinating insight into the history and culture of ancient Egypt.
Nile River Cruise: For Indian travelers, a Nile cruise is a fantastic way to explore the fascinating history and culture of Egypt while enjoying the comforts of a luxury ship. Many Nile cruises offer Indian cuisine as well as a variety of international dishes, making it easy to find something to suit every taste. Indian travelers can also take advantage of the onboard amenities, such as spas, gyms, and cultural entertainment, to enhance their experience. With the opportunity to visit iconic sites like the Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple, a Nile cruise is a must-see destination for Indian travelers seeking a unique and unforgettable travel experience.
Luxor Temple: Located in the city of Luxor, the Luxor Temple is a magnificent ancient temple that was built during the New Kingdom period. It is dedicated to the god Amun and was used for various religious ceremonies and festivals. The temple is renowned for its beautiful columns, carvings, and reliefs.
Karnak Temple: Karnak Temple is a vast complex of ancient Egyptian temples in Luxor, Egypt. It was dedicated to the god Amun and was the most important religious center in ancient Egypt. Its construction spanned over 2,000 years, from the Middle Kingdom to the Ptolemaic period.
Valley of the Kings: The Valley of the Kings is a burial site located on the west bank of the Nile River in Luxor, Egypt. It was used as a royal burial ground for pharaohs and powerful nobles from the 16th to the 11th century BCE. The valley contains over 60 tombs, including those of Tutankhamun and Ramesses VI, and is famous for its elaborate wall paintings and decorations. It was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979.
Abu Simbel Temples: Abu Simbel temple is an ancient Egyptian temple complex located in Nubia, southern Egypt. It was built during the reign of Pharaoh Ramesses II in the 13th century BCE and was dedicated to the gods Amun, Ra-Horakhty, and Ptah. The complex consists of two temples, the Great Temple of Ramesses II and the Temple of Hathor, and is famous for its colossal statues and intricate carvings.
We are recommended that Indian travelers should consider booking one of these Egypt tour packages to ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip. These packages typically include all transportation, accommodations, meals, and entrance fees, making it easy to relax and focus on the sights and sounds of this incredible destination. With experienced guides and local experts on hand, travelers can gain a deeper understanding of the history and culture of Egypt and make the most of their time in this fascinating country. So, if you’re an Indian traveler looking for an unforgettable adventure, we highly recommend considering an Egypt tour package for your next vacation.
Best Time to Visit Egypt from India
Egypt is a year-round destination with a warm climate, but the best time to visit Egypt depends on your preferences and itinerary. For Indian travelers, the peak season is from October to February, when the weather is cooler, making it ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities. During this time, the temperature ranges from 15°C to 25°C, and the skies are usually clear and sunny.
The shoulder season, from March to May and from September to November, is also a great time to visit. The weather is warmer but not too hot, and the crowds are smaller, making it easier to explore popular attractions like the Pyramids and the temples of Luxor and Karnak. The temperature during this time ranges from 20°C to 30°C.
Summer in Egypt, from June to August, can be very hot and humid, with temperatures often exceeding 35°C. However, if you can handle the heat, you’ll find fewer crowds and lower prices during this time. The Red Sea resorts like Hurghada and Sharm El-Sheikh are particularly popular during the summer months.
In terms of weather, Egypt is generally dry and sunny, with occasional rainstorms from November to February. Sandstorms are also common in desert areas, so it’s best to check the weather forecast before planning your activities.
What to Pack for Egypt from India
When packing for a trip to Egypt from India, it’s important to consider the weather, cultural norms, and activities you have planned. Here are some essential items to pack:
- Lightweight and breathable clothing: Egypt is hot and dry, so pack loose-fitting, lightweight clothing made from natural fibers like cotton or linen. However, keep in mind that Egypt is a conservative country, so avoid packing revealing clothing or shorts.
- Comfortable walking shoes: You’ll be doing a lot of walking and exploring, so pack comfortable shoes that can handle uneven terrain and hot temperatures.
- Sun protection: The sun in Egypt can be intense, so pack a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen with high SPF.
- Scarves and shawls: These can be useful for covering your head and shoulders when visiting mosques and other religious sites.
- Insect repellent: Mosquitoes can be a problem in some areas, so pack insect repellent with DEET.
- Camera and extra memory cards: Egypt is home to some of the world’s most iconic landmarks, so don’t forget to pack a camera to capture your memories.
- Cash and small bills: It’s a good idea to have some cash on hand for tips, taxis, and small purchases. Make sure to have some small bills, as larger bills can be difficult to break.
- Medications and first-aid kit: If you have any medical conditions, make sure to pack enough medication for the duration of your trip. It’s also a good idea to pack a basic first-aid kit with essentials like bandages and pain relievers.
By packing these essentials, you’ll be well-prepared for a comfortable and enjoyable trip to Egypt from India.
Egypt Visa for India
Indian citizens are required to have a visa to travel to Egypt. Here is some information on the Egypt visa process for Indian travelers:
- Visa types: Indian travelers can apply for either a tourist visa or a business visa.
- Application process: The visa application process can be done online through the official website of the Embassy of Egypt in New Delhi or through the VFS Global Egypt Visa Application Centre.
- Required documents: The required documents for a tourist visa include a valid passport, passport-size photographs, and proof of travel plans, such as flight tickets and hotel reservations. The required documents for a business visa include an invitation letter from an Egyptian company or organization and a letter from the applicant’s Indian employer.
- Visa fee: The visa fee varies depending on the type of visa and duration of stay. The fee can be paid online during the application process.
- Processing time: The processing time for a visa application is usually 5-7 business days. However, it’s recommended to apply for the visa at least 2-3 weeks before your travel date to allow for any unexpected delays.
It’s important to note that the visa requirements and fees can change at any time, so it’s best to check with the embassy or visa application center for the latest information.
Why Choose A Travel Agency to Organize Your Egypt Tour
Planning a trip to Egypt can be an exciting and fulfilling experience, but it can also be overwhelming and time-consuming. That’s why many travelers choose to use a travel agency to organize their tours. A travel agency can help take the stress out of trip planning by offering a range of services, such as itinerary planning, booking accommodations, arranging transportation, and providing expert guidance on the best attractions to visit.
When it comes to choosing a travel agency to plan your package in Egypt from India, Egypt Tours Portal is an excellent choice. They offer a wide range of Egypt tour packages from India to suit the needs and preferences of Indian travelers. They have years of experience in organizing tours to Egypt and provide a variety of services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience.
In addition to their standard tour packages, Egypt Tours Portal offers tailor-made tours that can be customized to suit individual interests and budgets. They also provide 24/7 customer support, ensuring that Indian travelers have access to assistance whenever they need it.
Egypt Tours Portal’s professional tour guides are knowledgeable about Egypt’s history, culture, and attractions. They offer expert guidance to Indian travelers, ensuring that they make the most of their time in Egypt.
Egypt Tours Portal offers a range of benefits that make them an excellent choice for Indian travelers. They provide excellent value for money, with transparent pricing and no hidden fees. They also offer a range of payment options, making it easy for Indian travelers to book their tours.
Whether Indian travelers are interested in exploring Egypt’s ancient sites, relaxing on the beaches of the Red Sea, or embarking on a desert adventure, Egypt Tours Portal has a tour package to suit their needs. With their expert guidance and top-notch services, Indian travelers can have an unforgettable and fulfilling trip to Egypt.
In conclusion, Egypt offers Indian travelers a unique and fascinating experience that is unlike anything else in the world. To fully enjoy all that Egypt has to offer, it is important to plan ahead and make the most of your time.