When talking about pests people assume that it can only happen in homes however any space where there are humans can invite insects. Your personal vehicle can effortlessly provide the shelter insects look for along with water and food that they might need to survive. This is why car fumigation is necessary at least once a year.
Car fumigation is an effective procedure done to remove the pests inside your vehicle. This method includes the usage of gaseous chemicals in order to suffocate and kill the pests that are living inside your car, but getting rid of insects can get difficult once they have made their homes.
In this article, we have discussed the factors that you need to know before getting your vehicle professional car fumigation.
Types Of Pests That Can Invade Your Car
Some of the most common invading pests include:
- Bed Bugs – Regardless of their name, these bugs can be found in places without beds, your vehicle included. Bed bugs survive on your blood and are also one of the very few insects that can be sustained even in the tidiest cars. They hide so well that those who have bed bugs in their cars are rarely aware that they are there.
- Ants – These insects invade those cars that are usually food sources such as vehicles with food spills or leftovers. Ants can sense the smell of food from a few meters away and due to their small size, they can easily enter your vehicle through a small crack or opening.
- Cockroaches – You can easily find roaches in a car when it has a source of food, such as crumbs, leftovers, and water. They can seamlessly crawl into your vehicle through small openings. Cockroaches are famous for carrying bacteria and can cause diseases like salmonella. They are capable of surviving on a small amount of food and can easily multiply, even if you keep your car clean.
How To Avoid These Pests From Entering Your Car
Pests usually enter your vehicle by climbing a small opening or crack or by clinging to your belongings or clothing.
You can take the following preventative steps that can save your car from bugs and also reduces the risk of bug invasion:
- Vacuum Regularly – vacuum helps in getting rid of stray crumbs that can become a source of food for insects. It can also catch insects like bed bugs and ants, keeping their population under control.
- Clean Up Spills – as soon as you finish cleaning up food or drink spills, do not forget to use a gentle cleaning solution, so that you do not leave behind any traces of spill.
- Keep Your Windows Closed – after parking your car ensure that all windows are rolled up, even a small gap is more than enough for most insects to enter.
How Professional Fumigation Services Can Save You
A single insect in your vehicle is not a cause for concern, and you can also simply remove it using a napkin. But constant insects in the vehicle – or an invasion of one type of bug indicate a much more severe problem. If you find your car overrunning with roaches, ants, or with any other type of pests this is when professional car fumigation can help you get rid of them.
At SwiftCare, we employ a wide range of innovative techniques and treatments to help you eliminate insects from your vehicle. Each solution is altered to match the type of pest infestation in your cat. All the methods that we use are safe for your vehicle and are also eco-friendly.