MLS stands for Multiple Listing Service. It is a database of real estate listings shared among real estate agents. When a home is listed on the MLS, it is exposed to thousands of potential buyers.
Listing your home on the MLS is the best way to get buyers to see it. The MLS is the primary source of information for real estate buyers and their agents. When a home is not listed on the MLS, it is much less likely to sell fast.
You can list your home on the MLS without a realtor using a flat fee MLS listing service. Flat fee MLS listing services charge a one-time fee to list your home on the MLS. This is much less than the commission you would pay a realtor.
Table of Contents
What are the Benefits of Listing on the MLS?
There are five key benefits of listing your home on the MLS:
- More exposure and a higher sale price: MLS listings are syndicated to major real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites. This means that more potential buyers will see your listing, which can lead to a higher sale price. Studies have shown that MLS listings sell for an average of 13% more than off-MLS listings.
- Marketing to buyer agents: 86% of home sales in the US involve buyer agents who have access to the MLS. This means listing your home on the MLS is the best way to reach buyer agents and their clients.
- Attracting more buyer agents: MLS allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission. This can help you to attract the best buyer agents and get top dollar for your home.
- Faster sale: Studies have shown that MLS listings sell faster than off-MLS listings. This is likely due to the extra exposure that MLS provides.
- More cash offers: Many cash home buyers, including iBuyers, investors, and home flippers, search for properties on the MLS. Listing your home on the MLS can increase your chances of receiving a cash offer.
Should I List on MLS with a Full-Service Realtor?
We do not recommend listing your home on the MLS with a full-service realtor. The 3% listing commission that realtors typically charge is very expensive, and the biggest benefit that realtors provide is access to the MLS. Using a flat-fee MLS service, you can list your home on your local MLS for a fraction of the cost. This will give you control over your sales and save you thousands of dollars in commission.
Flat Fee MLS services are popular in the US, as they offer a great way to sell your home without breaking the bank. When you use a flat fee MLS service, you will still have access to the MLS, which means that buyer agents and their clients will see your listing. You will also be responsible for marketing your home and negotiating with buyers, but many resources are available to help you with this process.
Steps to List Your Home on the MLS in Arizona:
1. Research the Best FFM Listing Services Near You
Many different Flat Fee MLS services are available, so it is essential to compare the fees, features, and customer reviews before choosing one.
2. Purchase a Flat Fee MLS Listing Plan
Once you have chosen a flat fee MLS service, you must purchase a listing plan. The cost of listing plans varies depending on the service and your chosen features.
3. Provide Your Property Details
You must provide information about your home, such as its location, square footage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and amenities. You will also need to upload photos and videos of your home.
4. Attach Professional Photos With Your Listing
High-quality photos are essential for attracting buyers to your home. If you cannot take professional photos yourself, consider hiring a photographer.
5. Sign The Listing Agreement
The listing agreement is a contract between you and the flat fee MLS service. It will outline the terms of your listing, such as the fee and the duration of the listing.
6. Review the Draft Listing and Get on the MLS
Once you have signed the listing agreement, the flat fee MLS service will create a draft listing for you to review. Once satisfied with the listing, the service will submit it to the MLS.
▶️ What Are The Steps To Selling A Home By Owner? Are you interested in selling your home by the owner? Take a look at the guide now.
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in Arizona?
The cost of listing your home on the MLS depends on whether you work with a full-service realtor or a flat fee MLS listing service like Houzeo. Full-service realtors typically charge a commission of 2%-3% of the sale price of your home.
On the other hand, flat fee MLS listing services can save you a lot of money. Houzeo, for example, charges a flat fee of $349 for most home sellers.
Here is a breakdown of the costs associated with using a flat fee MLS listing service:
- Upfront flat fee: This is the amount you will pay to get your listing on the MLS. It typically ranges from $300 to $500.
- Fees at closing: Most Flat Fee MLS services will not charge additional fees at closing unless you live in a state requiring a minimum service fee.
- Hidden charges: Be wary of flat fee MLS services advertising a very low upfront fee. These services often have hidden fees, such as yard sign fees or additional marketing services.
Sell your home without a realtor using Arizona’s Flat Fee MLS listing service. It is a great way to save money and control your sales.
▶️ What Is The Best Flat Fee Mls Listing Service in Arizona? Here are our rankings for the best FFM services in Arizona.
Listing your home on the MLS is the best way to market it to buyer agents. Homes listed on the MLS sell faster and for more money. However, only licensed real estate agents can list your home on the MLS, and they typically charge a 3% commission.
Flat fee MLS companies like Houzeo allow you to list your home on the MLS without paying a high commission fee. Houzeo charges a flat fee of $349, and you will get:
- An MLS listing within 48 hours
- Maximum exposure for your listing
- A 5-star customer support team to assist you
▶️ Read the Houzeo Reviews: Check out the reviews to decide wisely.