I can’t make the most out of my Nighthawk router! I have configured it properly but still getting the same issue. Then, I thought maybe the firmware of my Nighthawk router can be outdated. But no! The firmware is up-to-date. So, what can be the reason behind the issue? Why is my Nighthawk router not working?
Are these queries boggling your mind too? No worries! In this article, we have provided a number of Nighthawk router troubleshooting tips that will help in making your router up and running in minutes. So, without delay, let’s start over!
Fix: Nighthawk Router Not Working
You Need to Check the Power
If your Nighthawk router isn’t getting continuous power supply, then it will surely not going to work for you. So, what you have to do – is check the router’s power adapter. Just ensure that the adapter’s plug is inserted properly into a working wall socket.
Check the LEDs
If the LEDs on your Nighthawk router are blinking for too long, then restart it once.
- For this, you have to disconnect the router from your modem, desktop, laptop, wireless PC, and smartphones.
- Then, unplug the router and wait for a few moments.
- Plug the router back in.
- Now, the LEDs will surely become stable on your Nighthawk device upon blinking for a couple of seconds.
Check Connection Between Router and Modem
- To make the most out of your Nighthawk router, it is important to connect them securely and properly with each other.
- Keep the following things into consideration while creating a connection between your router and modem:
- Do not use a damaged Ethernet cable to connect your devices.
- If you are connecting your devices wirelessly, ensure that they aren’t getting signal-interferences from WiFi networks that are active nearby the range of your Nighthawk router.
- The Ethernet cable must not be damage from anywhere. Apart from this, if you have used an Ethernet source to connect your devices, ensure that it is secure and finger-tight.
Suggestion: Want to accelerate your WiFi experience? Want to take your internet to the next level? Want to access unbeatable WiFi speed from nook and cranny of your house? Add a Netgear WiFi range extender to your home WiFi! Won’t believe! Perform Netgear WiFi extender setup process and experience the change yourself.
Check the Router’s Configuration
There are chances that you haven’t completed or performed the Nighthawk router setup process in a proper manner and due to that you are unable to make the most out of your device. So, to get the issue fixed, make sure that your Nighthawk router is properly configured.
Check the Router’s Firmware
Your Nighthawk router will start performing slow or not work properly if the firmware on it is not updated. Yes, we know that your router’s firmware is already up-to-date, right? But, are you sure that it is correct version of the firmware as per the router’s model you are using? You need to check it. Just in case, by mistake the wrong firmware version has been downloaded, then you can delete that file and try to perform the Nighthawk router firmware update process again.
Still Nighthawk router not working for you? In that case, we suggest you to relocate it. Place it at an area in your home that is open, higher, and near to your existing modem. Avoid placing it on a congested, non-ventilated, or lower areas.
Bonus: To manage and control your Nighthawk router, its settings, and WiFi from anywhere (remotely), simply download and install the Nighthawk router app. To make the app running, it is suggested to download the correct version of the app.
So, did the nighthawk router troubleshooting tips listed above help you out in making the most out of your device? You feedback matters a lot! Please share with us and all the readers/ Nighthawk router users across the globe. As per your feedback, many owners of the Nighthawk device will get instant solutions from the comfort of their home.