Fleet management is the activity used to organize and support activities related to transportation. Fleet Management is a system designed to manage commercial vehicles such as cars, trucks, vans, cars, etc. It is also used to manage private vehicles used for government purposes, including airplanes, boats, etc. Fleet management software is software designed to help users perform many tasks related to the vehicles of a business, government, or organization. These services include all services, from vehicle availability to disposal and maintenance. In this article, we will see the list of Top 10 Open-Source Fleet Management Software.
Top 10 Open-Source Fleet Management Software:
Odoo is an open and open-source software, and the fleet management software is one of the unique software among them. The company has 3 million users and is growing with it. It is a fully integrated and customizable open-source software that also serves areas such as inventory management, accounting, CRM and other business needs. It is one of the top Open-Source Fleet Management Software.
- Fuel management and GPS tracking are the main features of this software.
- A calendar and reminder system integrated with the software provides instant reminders for problems.
- It enables mobile access, document storage and partitioning.
- Website: https://www.odoo.com/
Fleetco is a free, web-based fleet management system licensed under the GNU General Public License. It is written in PHP with a MySQL database. Version 1 and version 2 of the software are available for download and version 3 is ready to launch. It is a simple and intuitive fleet management software that can be accessed from any computer without the need for installation or network configuration. It comes in the list of the best Open-Source Fleet Management Software.
- Fleetco offers multi-user and multi-language software.
- Bootstrap responsive themes are the latest features added to the latest software versions.
- Column height/width, customizable columns and bug fixes are some of the other features supported by the software.
- Website: https://www.fleetco.space/
One of the company’s leading fleet management software solutions, FleetWise VB is widely used by the private, government and industrial sectors. It can handle an unlimited number of vehicles and equipment. What is unique about this software is the availability of different types of software for different types of requirements. For example, SafetyWise VB is for safety systems and FleetWise Lite is to maintain a fleet management system for small fleets. It is one of the most amazing Open-Source Fleet Management Software.
- FleetWise VB includes preventive maintenance, inventory management, maintenance orders, fuel management and comprehensive reporting.
- Equipment is available for all boats, large or small.
- However, the software itself can handle different tasks; standard toolbar in the system-wide main menu for more functionality.
- Website: https://fleetwisevb.com/
KeepTruckin is the leading fleet management system for the trucking industry today. More than 40,000 fleet owners and managers trust this platform for GPS tracking, fuel tax reporting, video monitoring, compliance, and more. There are 1,000,000 registered drivers, 50,000 carriers and 250,000 trucks in the KeepTruckin’ network. Their Glassdoor rating is 4.8 stars and they are among the fastest growing SaaS companies of all time.
- This software is compatible with ELDs and protects your fleet with a fully integrated video solution.
- You can influence the use of vehicles by looking at maximum efficiency and reducing fuel costs.
- The software removes the administrative burden of collecting state miles from IFTA fuel tax reporting.
- Website: https://gomotive.com/
GoFoleet is a leading provider of fleet management and GPS systems. For 8 years, the company has continued to pave the way for success in the field of fleet management by providing quality and safe solutions for its customers’ vehicles. It offers the best and most powerful GPS vehicle tracking system in the industry and also provides mobile applications for various research and analysis. It comes in the list of the best Open-Source Fleet Management Software.
- The GoFleet app provides 2-second GPS tracking so you can track your vehicle anywhere.
- It provides powerful oil detection for easy maintenance.
- An integrated solution is provided to convert rich data into multiple possibilities.
- Website: https://www.gofleet.com/
Fleetio is a popular fleet management software that keeps detailed records of your fleet. Boat operations are difficult to manage and sometimes become chaotic. Fleetio is designed to bring order to the Chaotic Fleet world. It automates all key fleet management functions such as fuel transactions, maintenance, scheduling and many others.
It provides boat owners with detailed information on fuel costs, cost per meter, pending inspections, open issues, service charges, and more. It is one of the most amazing Open-Source Fleet Management Software.
- Fleetio maintains a list of maintenance providers. It checks the rules, maintenance support, billing history, etc. It provides a comprehensive maintenance history of every vehicle in your fleet. The software is also an end-to-end problem management solution for fleet-related problems.
- Website: https://www.fleetio.com/
Their free version covers two cars, so if you’re a small business, they might have you covered. Similar to Odoo and Fleetio, they have many important features, such as GPS tracking and reporting, vehicle length, vehicle cost management, and date blocking. What sets Fleet VIP apart is its day forecast technology feature.
Due date prediction technology “can generate future due dates, reducing or avoiding the need for repeated odometer readings or expensive GPS systems to capture readings of the odometer”. It is one of the top Open-Source Fleet Management Software.
- Website: https://alembx.com/
GPS Wox is another fleet management software that can be useful for small businesses. It’s free for one item, so if you only have one car or something nice to go with, it’ll get the job done.
Even though it only covers one car or truck, you’ll still get real-time monitoring of your equipment, and custom apps from Apple, Google Play and the Microsoft Store are free. It comes in the list of the best Open-Source Fleet Management Software.
- Website: https://www.gpswox.com/
Open GTS Project:
If you need a way to track your car and be able to enter a code, the Open GTS project may be the right choice for you. A word of warning: the Open GTS project is not a full sailing program like the one above. It can track the location of vehicles in your fleet, but it is not designed to track things like fuel usage, maintenance, charges, or warranty expirations.
That said, there are many ways to customize Open GTS for your needs, such as customizable XML reports, integration with many different graphics applications, and even customizable web page aesthetics. Open-source GTS software is compatible with Linux, Mac OS, Windows and Free BSD and Open BSD. It is one of the most amazing Open-Source Fleet Management Software.
Traccar is another free GPS tracking system. Like Open GTS, it is a simple application. It will tell you where your car is, but it won’t solve any other business problems, like using scheduling to save money.
Traccar has a server-based version, as well as a mobile app. Their software works with an incredible number of tracking devices and even integrates with Open GTS. It is one of the top Open-Source Fleet Management Software.
- Website: https://www.traccar.org/
Top 10 Open-Source Fleet Management Software with their website:
|S.no.||Open-Source Fleet Management Software||Website|
|9.||Open GTS Project||https://opengts.sourceforge.net/index.html|
What might be key factors in choosing a fleet management system?
- User-friendly interface.
- Ease of application.
- Ease of integrability.
- Additional functionality.
- Mobile application and real-time data.
- Security of your data.
- Reliability of the service provider.
What is the most important aspect of fleet management?
- Data analysis.
What are the challenges in fleet management?
- Driver Safety and Productivity.
- Cost-Reduction Initiatives.
- Fuel Price Volatility.
What are the types of fleet management?
- Vehicle leasing.
- Acquisition and remarketing.
- Supply chain management.
- Fuel management.
- Maintenance services.
- Safety programs.
- Collision response.
- Tolls and compliance services.
How do you increase fleet efficiency?
- Be aware of your assets.
- Save on fuel (cost)
- Give feedback on driver behaviour.
- Conduct regular asset maintenance.
- Focus on open and direct communication.
What are the elements of a fleet management system?
- GPS vehicle tracking.
- Driving behavior analysis.
- Fleet alarms.
- Fuel management.
- Route planning and monitoring.
How do you implement fleet management?
- Get buy-in from both leadership and drivers.
- Set your goals and determine metrics.
- Create an implementation plan and timeline.
- Educate and train your team.
How can we reduce fleet accidents?
- Raise Awareness.
- Establish a Road Safety Program.
- Control Fatigue Among Drivers.
- Invest in Telematics.
- Keep your Fleet in Shape.
- So, these are the list of Top 10 Open-Source Fleet Management Software. The involvement of technologies such as big data, telematics and virtual assistance helps ship owners manage their business operations and data security. Analyzing data effectively and using it to make better decisions has become important for ship operators. Fleet management companies today are ready to invest in advanced fleet management software solutions.