Grow tents are one of the many essential tools for indoor gardening. If you are serious with your indoor gardening setup, you must invest in the right equipment, including a grow tent.
Why you need a Grow Tent for your Indoor Garden.
Improve Air Circulation: Plants need light and good quality air for them to thrive and flourish. Indoor spaces may not be able to provide proper air circulation, but the use of grow tents will help get rid of air contaminants and pollutants that can be harmful to the plants. You can pick a grow tent with an air filtration system that will create negative air pressure inside the tent.
Helps Control the Climate: Grow tents can protect the plants from the harsh conditions of the outside climate. You may need to add a few accessories that will help the plants you are growing.
Space Efficient: The use of grow tents can help turn small spaces into an ecosystem. Plus, grow tents are portable, so you can transfer them to another space if needed.
Helps you Save Money: You may need a few other accessories when setting up a grow tent to make it function effectively. Now, this will of course, cost you a good amount of money, but this setup will help you in the long run. Grow tents will help conserve water and energy; plus, you are assured that your plants will grow healthy.
Setting up your First Grow Tent
Some people think setting up a grow tent can be challenging but as long as you read and understand the instructions, you are in for a good start. You can also ask help from the store clerk to set up the tent and ask for tips that can make the setup easy.
Here are the factors that you need to consider when buying a grow tent:
- Size of the tent
- Size of the space
- Kind of plants you are growing
- Materials used in the grow tent
It is very important to pick the right size for the grow tent so that your space will not get crammed. Your best option is a small grow tent that can easily fit any space if you are starting. Small-sized grow tents are efficient for beginners or those who do not have a vast plant collection.
Here are Some Ways to Maximize the Small Tent:
- Add utility shelves: Utility shelves or even racks can help double up the space inside the tent. You can easily find these shelves or racks in your local shops, or you may even build one using materials such as wire mesh support, corners, t-pieces and metal poles. You can also utilize furniture pieces as plant racks or whatever purpose they may serve.
- Go Vertical: Gardening in small spaces can be quite challenging since you will not be able to use the space horizontally. The best solution is to go vertical by integrating storage units and lifting systems to grow on a vertical level. Invest in adjustable overhead systems which are more cost and energy-efficient in the long run.
- Use the right equipment or accessories: Check out your local shops or go to an online store specializing in grow tents and see if they have any tent supports that will give you that much-needed extra space. These tent supports will also prevent the canvas from being sucked in by the inside fans, improving the airflow inside the tent. This will also help prevent the presence of mold, and you can also expect an improvement in the coverage of light.
- Use a crop support netting: By using crop support netting, the light will reach more leaves, which will result in a bigger yield. You have to make the necessary adjustments as the plant grows by guiding the branches away from the plant.
Overall, grow tents can easily help the plants in so many ways, even with the ample space you have indoors. They are worth every penny since you will be able to grow healthy and abundant plants.