This post was most recently updated on March 4th, 2023
Bangalore is considered the Silicon Valley of India and why not, it is one of the most popular cities for IT professionals. With more and more start-ups and IT giants mushrooming here, Bangalore is synonymous with Information Technology. It is headquartered by several well-known companies like Wipro, Infosys, Myntra, Flipkart, and Sobha to name a few. However, there are other wonderful facts about Bangalore that many people are still unaware of:
- Bengaluru is the third largest populous city in India after Mumbai and Delhi and the 18th most populous city in the world.
- It is located at a high elevation as compared to any other megacity of India, thus having pleasant weather all through the year.
- The Kempegowda International airport is named after the ruler Kempe Gowda who is known to establish a mud fort in Bangalore to mark the beginning of modern-day Bengaluru.
- Bengaluru is not only an adobe to IT companies but also major public sector organizations such as National Aerospace Laboratories, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Indian Space Research Organization, Bharat Electronics Limited, Bharat Earth Movers Limited, and more.
- Bengaluru has earned other names too such as the City of Gardens, Pub Capital of the Country, City of Lakes, Start-up city of India, and the Rocking City!
- Bengaluru pioneered in giving free Wi-Fi access known as Namma Wi-Fi.
- It is the first city to receive electricity in India and India’s first World Trade Centre is located here.
- Recreational places like a visit to Nandi hills, Lalbagh, Bannerghatta National Park, Trekking to Uttari Betta, Bull temple, Innovative film city, Cubbon Park, Bangalore Palace, ISKCON temple, will keep you engaged during weekends.
Thus, it’s not at all surprising that everyday young professionals are moving here to begin their career in IT and other fields. But is it possible for freshers with a starting salary of 25k to survive in Bangalore? Yes, it is possible for a single person to survive in Bangalore if he/she earns 25k per month. In fact, as a single person, it is not difficult to survive in Bangalore with 25k if you play smart and sensible and learn the art of saving and spending rationally. Though it depends from person to person, here are a few points to be considered to manage the cost of living in Bangalore….
- A PG or shared flat for rent (including food) in Bengaluru will cost you around INR 7,000. If you are looking for a studio apartment for rent in Bangalore, it will cost you around INR 8,000.
- Bills like electricity, water, and Wi-Fi will cost you around INR 2,000
- As Bangalore has efficient public transport (with bus passes), it can cost you – INR 2,000. A suggestion here, it is always better to find a house for rent near your workplace to save time as well as money.
- Let’s assume monthly outings, dining, or shopping will cost you INR 5,000
- Still, you can save around INR 7,000-8,000 or send this money home.
To find a house on rent at reasonable rates, avoid dealing with brokers. Visit Nestaway today and avail all the benefits of finding hassle-free homes at very affordable prices.
Whether you are looking for PG in Bangalore for males or PG in Bangalore for females, or luxury PG in Bangalore, search no further. Contact us today and avail the following benefits:
- Save money by finding the best apartments for rent in Bangalore at Nestaway
- Earn money through referrals (go through Nestaway’s refer and earn program)
- Avail zero or low-security deposits in various cities
- Pay security deposit & rent with easy EMIs at 0% interest.
- We offer a guaranteed security deposit refund within 1-7 days when vacated on selected houses.
- Find homes for families, friends, or homes just for you. Rent a shared room or a private room for yourself. Choose from flats in societies or individual apartments.
- Explore shared rooms on rent in Bangalore at PG Prices
- Avail free house tours tailored to fit your comfort and On-site house visits guided by our vaccinated professionals.
- You can also go for verified, time-saving, and self-guided video tours.
So, as you have seen above, PG or single rooms are easily available in Bangalore. Bangalore is a truly cosmopolitan city that welcomes everyone irrespective of religion, culture, or caste! Over the past few years, it has developed tremendously. As Bangalore contributes a whopping 38% of the country’s total IT exports, there are ample opportunities for youngsters here not only in IT but also in telecommunications, automobiles, biotechnology, etc. Thus, Bangalore has earned the name of ‘The Next Decade’s Fastest-Growing Cities’ by Forbes. It may be initially difficult to find a balance with a starting salary of a few thousands, however, with experience and caliber once you start growing in your career, you can even manage a whole family easily here if planned well!