Transportation is a fast-growing sector of the world economy that is crucial for all major industries. Logistics software development can automate shipping processes and simplify freight operations. Professional software development companies like Acropolium provide customized software solutions for transportation needs.
Ready-made logistics software requires costly and time-consuming customization. By investing funds in custom development, transport companies could benefit from bespoke logistics solutions. Let’s see how it is going to work in practice.
Figures from the Logistics Industry
The development of digital technologies encourages the absolute growth of the global TMS market. It makes sense for the logistics industry to integrate numerous emerging technologies and provide important business value. It can save a company from 5% to 10% in transportation expenses. By 2025, the world transportation management system market will reach $30 billion.
Overview of the logistics management system structure
The logistics management system structure consists of several modules. Each of them aims to achieve effective leverage in the supply chain.
- Order management module – The implementation of order data collected from different sectors, including fulfillment, inventory database, and vendor database.
- Inventory management module – Controlling and reporting the number of products available for sale. Reports are required to form the inventory and replenishment balance while setting automatic reordering for products and services.
- Warehouse management module – To boost the processes involved in product management, transport companies require particular tools. With this module, they can get access to storage, improve the flow of goods, and manage inventory placement.
- Transportation management module – To make the supply chain efficiency, the transport companies require route optimization, multi-modal transportation, fleet and freight monitoring, performance maintenance, and data flow across logistics. As a result, they can sort out any issues that may occur in a matter of time.
- Manufacturing module – The maintenance of warehouse stock reserves enables on-time shipment and delivery of goods. It also optimizes expenses by reducing costs and maximizing the return on investment.
- Analytics and reporting module – Digitalization of business operations can turn into actionable insights using the analytics and reporting module. This allows businesses to come up with better decisions that guarantee higher productivity.
Top-Notch Features of Logistic Software
Logistics software is an effective resource for automating and managing fleet and warehouse operations such as order processing, inventory maintenance, freight transportation, and so on. A platform for logistics increases the transparency of workflow, boosts supply chain productivity, optimizes customer experience, and even adjusts transportation costs accordingly. Let’s look at the main features of logistics software for your logistics business:
All processes in the transport company can be fully automated thanks to logistics software. In one system, you can manage different processes such as transporting goods, controlling the receipt of goods, filling up the warehouse, etc. All business data can be automatically integrated and processed by means of the software.
Logistics software can help a logistics company to implement cost-effective measures. It can come up with more attractive offers for the reports. Since everything on the platform happens to be automated, it becomes possible to calculate various options for action and determine suitable options for a particular organization.
Reduce the human factor
The human aspect has a direct impact on business operations. Why? People reveal a wide spectrum of emotions, including tiredness, anger, stress, and others. As a result, they can make mistakes in completing documents, and other operations. While the system can do almost everything for you, logistics software can provide you with a possible solution to the problem.
Logistics software can collect and store data effectively. Special features and system configuration allow the system to collect the necessary data. At the same time, the availability of logistics resources may offer a substantial benefit.
More transport companies can benefit from logistics software by streamlining their business processes and making a production cycle run smoothly. With the help of software development companies like Acropolium, it becomes possible to manage the multitude of elements that go into the production process. Similar to other supply chain management software, logistics software can boost profit margins and minimize cycle time. In the end, logistics companies can enjoy a competitive advantage in the market.