World Health Day is celebrated every time on 7 April to commemorate the anniversary of the founding of the World Health Organization (WHO) in 1948.Each time for this date, a theme is chosen that highlights an area of precedence concern for WHO.
In recent decades, advancements in health services, environmental protection, profitable development, and other factors have led to advancements in the health of people across the Region of the Americas. Nonetheless, an estimated one million unseasonable deaths per time are attributable to known avoidable environmental pitfalls.
Table of Contents
The theme for World Health Day 2022
“Our Earth, Our Health”. This call from PAHO, the WHO, and mates, presents a unique occasion for a green and healthy recovery from the COVID-19 epidemic, that puts the health of individualities and the earth at the center of conduct and fosters a movement to produce societies concentrated on well- being.
Still, this theme of Our Earth, Our Health should be a important memorial to us that the resolution of numerous of these issues are beyond the exclusive horizon of the health sector and, as a consequence, an effective response will demand whole-of- government and whole-of- society approaches.
Likewise, they’re contributing to a world where all people, including those living in situations of vulnerability, can live longer, happier and thrive.
World Health Day History and significance
According to the WHO website, the First World Health Assembly, held in 1948, asked to launch a World Health Day to raise global mindfulness on specific themes related to health in order to punctuate an area of significance for the WHO.
Thus, since 1950, the World Health Day has been celebrated on April 7 every time. The WHO uses the day to mark the launch of a long- term programme, in relation to which conditioning are accepted and coffers are handed important beyond April 7.
Encyclopedically, women comprise 70 percent of the health and social pool. Nurses and midwives represent a large part in 2021, WHO announced the health workers who played a crucial part in responding to the Covid-19 epidemic.
World Health Day 2021 Former themes
• 2020 Supporting Nurses and Midwives
• 2019 Universal Health Coverage Everyone, Everyplace
• 2018 Universal Health Coverage Everyplace
• 2017 Depression Let’s Talk
• 2016 Diabetes
The following ways can help to achieve good health
- Eat healthy food
- Add further fruits and vegetables to your diet
- Drink a sufficient amount of water
- Do regular exercise
- Get enough sleep
- Avoid smoking, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, and soft drinks.
WORLD HEALTH DAY QUOTES
- “Love isn’t as important as good health. You cannot be in love if you are not healthy. You cannot appreciate it.”-Bryan Cranston
- “Health is the topmost gift; pleasure the topmost wealth, fastness the stylish relationship.”-Gautama Buddha
- “It’s health that’s real wealth and not pieces of gold and tableware.”-Mahatma Gandhi
- “Our bodies are our auditoriums-our choices are our gardeners.”-William Shakespeare
- “Happiness is the loftiest form of health.”-Dalai Lama