Punjab National Bank is one of the largest public sector banks in India and one of the oldest. PNB has established itself as a top bank over the past 120 years, serving over 75+ million clients and addressing their financial needs. These fascinating facts about Punjab National Bank, some of which you may not be aware of and others of which you will be, are provided.
10 Interesting Facts about Punjab National Bank
- The Punjab National Bank was established in 1894. To be specific, the bank was founded on April 12, 1894. It is also present abroad in 10 countries, with 7000 branches, and 10681 ATMs located throughout 764 cities. You can search the IFSC Code of various Punjab National Bank branches on PNB’s website.
- Father of our country Mahatma Gandhi Ji and other great leaders of that era kept an account with the Punjab National Bank. PNB has more than 11,000 branches across its operating areas. This quantity comprises both domestic and foreign sites. According to online resources, Lala Lajpat Rai was the 1rst person to open an account with the bank.
- To be a prominent global bank with pan-India footprints and a household brand in the Indo-Gangetic plains, offering a comprehensive range of financial products and services under one roof.
- PNB has established itself as one of the premier banking institutions in the country with a long tradition of sound and prudent banking. The First-ever and only merger of a nationalized bank with PNB was the New Bank of India.
- PNB Metlife combines MetLife Inc.’competence as a major global life insurance provider with the integrity and dependability of Punjab National Bank, one of India’s oldest and largest nationalized banks. The vast distribution reach combined with the global insurance expertise and product range makes us a strong and trusted name in the insurance market of India.
- PNB Univ is a new mobile app-based e-learning platform that the bank has introduced as part of its people development strategy. To enable quick access to high-quality curriculum and high-quality training 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is available on all major mobile platforms in addition to web-based access through desktop or laptop.
- The Punjab National Bank launched the “Vitiya Jan Chetna Abhiyan” to raise financial literacy throughout the entire nation. Additionally, the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, Atal Pension Yojana, Mudra Loans, Pradhan Mantri Jeewan Jyoti Yojana, and Pradhan Mantri Jan Suraksha Yojana will be highlighted in this event.
- The Bank has developed innovative programs for the advancement of women, including the Mahila Kaushal Vikas Yojna, PNB PoWer Savings, and PNB Vanita Financing Scheme.
- The following list of innovative digital products and solutions were introduced by the Bank to guarantee a constantly improved client experience and better correspond with shifting customer expectations:
- Special app that enables the user to report issues with ATMs as well as find the nearest PNB ATM.
- The mobile app “PNB MobiEase” offers single touch banking.
- “PNB Sleep Easy”: To turn off and on the password for Internet Banking and Mobile Banking.
- “Green PIN”: To allow users to rapidly receive a duplicate PIN for a debit card by SMS request.
- A service for opening RD and PPF accounts online.
- Online locker reservations can be made from any location in India using the company website.
- The Bank has also made it possible to sign up for mobile banking through its extensive network of over 9000+ locations.
10. PNB successfully transferred the CBS Database from old Sparc SuperCluster servers to new Sparc SuperCluster servers to enhance operational procedures. As a result, the Bank implemented a 4 node active RAC (Real Application Cluster) architecture, making it the first bank in India to do so.
At the absolute least, a bank is where you keep your money until you need it to pay bills or withdraw cash. It may also be the location where you obtain a loan to purchase a car or a mortgage to purchase a home. If you own a small business, it may be the place where you go to borrow money to expand or improve it. Before selecting a bank, compare the various fees associated with your accounts or any loans you may require.