As summertime approaches, pests such as rodents and bugs become increasingly active, looking for any opportunity to cause damage. In order to protect your home and family, it’s important to have a pest control plan in place and to clean up after pests when they are done causing damage. Here are 5 tips for safe and effective pest control and carpet cleaning.
What pests are common in your home?
1. There are many pests that can invade your home including ants, spiders, beetles, roaches, and rodents.
2. Ants are common in homes and can be a nuisance. They can build nests near food sources or inside walls or furniture.
3. Spiders are also common in homes and can be very dangerous if they bite someone. They often build webs to catch prey and can be difficult to get rid of.
4. Beetles can be a nuisance as they eat leaves and flowers, but they also can damage surfaces such as woodwork or floors by eating dirt or other material.
5. Roaches are the most common type of pest in homes and they often come out at night to feed on food sources such as garbage or leftovers.
6. Rodents such as mice and rats are a major problem in homes because they breed quickly and can damage property extensively if not controlled properly.
How to get rid of pests safely and effectively
There are a few safe and effective ways to get rid of pests without causing any damage to your home or belongings. Get a cat! A study by the University of California found that having a cat around can help reduce the number of pest sightings in a home by as much as 80 percent. Another option is to use natural pesticides, such as garlic or DEET, which are not harmful to humans or pets. If you choose to use pesticides, be sure to read the label carefully and follow all safety precautions. Finally, always vacuum and clean furniture and surfaces regularly to remove any food sources or breeding grounds for pests.
Tips for cleaning carpets
There are a few steps you can take to keep your carpets clean and free of pests.
1. Vacuum regularly: A vacuum cleaner removes dirt, dust and debris from the carpet surface. This helps prevent pests from thriving.
2. Clean up spills immediately: Make sure to clean up any spills or drips that happen on the carpet quickly so they don’t create breeding grounds for bacteria or pests.
3. Use a deodorizing solution: A deodorizing solution can help eliminate smells that may attract insects and other pests. Be sure to test the solution first in an inconspicuous area to make sure it doesn’t cause any irritation or damage to the carpet fibers.
4. Inspect areas often: Keep an eye out for signs of pest activity, like flies, larvae or mites, and take appropriate action if necessary.
5. Clean upholstery: Cleaning upholstery is an important step to keep it clean and free of pests. Follow the same steps you would use to clean carpets, using a vacuum cleaner if necessary.
Carpet cleaning is a necessary evil, but it can also be dangerous if done incorrectly. Follow these five tips to ensure that your carpet cleaning and pest control services are both safe and effective. And remember: always wear a Pest Control Safety Briefing when you are working in an area that may contain harmful pests or materials.