Washi tape, or Japanese decorative tape as it’s also known, has become increasingly popular in the DIY community in recent years. This can be attributed to its versatility and affordability — plus it adds another dimension to your projects that you just can’t get with other products! If you’re looking to add some washi tape to your Bullet Journal but aren’t quite sure how, look no further! Here are 8 ways to use washi tape in your bullet journal to help you stay organized and make your life easier.
1) Decorate Your Pages
Washi tape is a paper-based adhesive that’s great for decorating your bullet journal with colorful patterns. You can print your own washi tape to customize your pages, or purchase washi tape from an office supply store. It’s easy to do! Here are 8 genius ways you can use washi tape in your bullet journal *For color coding: Use different colors of washi tape to help organize your daily tasks by category. For example, you could use blue washi tape for work, green washi tape for school, red washi tape for errands and orange washi tape for appointments. That way when it’s time to plan the day ahead you can quickly see which tasks need to be done first and what type of task they are based on their color.
2) Create A Habit Tracker
You don’t need a fancy journal to keep track of your habits. You can print your own washi tape and put it on your daily planner or anywhere else you want. Print out three strips of the same color and cut them into eight pieces. Write the date in the left column, take one piece for each day, and write the habit you’re trying to implement in the right column. If you can successfully do it all week, then take a little piece of tape off that row as a reward!
3) Track Your Daily To-Do List
1. Print your own washi tape for a fresh and modern look.
2. Cut the tape down to fit your needs
3. Make a monthly planner using washi tape for a nice and fresh finish .
4. Stick it in an unused area of your bullet journal or planner so you can easily see what you have going on that month.
5. Put it on top of a page of important dates, so that they stand out, and are easy to find if you need them!
6. Organize your index: Write the tabs with the corresponding color washi tape then put one dot on each tab so that you know which one is which without having to open up all of them at once
7. Stick it in different areas of your notebook or journal as dividers- use this as an opportunity to show off some creativity with designs
8. Have fun with it! Experiment with different patterns and textures!
4) Keep Track Of Your Weekly Expenses
My weekly expenses consist of groceries, gas, and fun stuff. Fun stuff is anything that has to do with my personal life. This could be visiting friends or going out to a concert. Groceries are anything I buy from the grocery store like fruits, vegetables, and meats. Gas includes all of my trips to the gas station for filling up my car.
5) Plan Your Meals For The Week
Sunday – Chicken stir-fry with brown rice, broccoli and corn. Monday – Leftovers from last night’s dinner. Tuesday – Ground beef tacos with lettuce and tomato. Wednesday – Avocado toast for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch. Thursday – Leftovers from last night’s dinner. Friday – Pizza night! Saturday – Leftovers from last night’s dinner.
6) Create A Vision Board
A great way to get creative with your bullet journal and make it fun is to use washi tape! These decorative tapes come in a variety of colors, patterns, and textures. Here are a few ways that you can incorporate washi tape into your planner:
1) Use washi tape as page markers. One way to do this is by using individual pieces of washi tape at the top of each new page. You could also create different shapes out of the tape and place them on different pages (one for home, one for work, etc.).
2) Place a piece of washi tape over an area or item that you want to emphasize. For example, place one strip over the date you are planning on starting your business.
7) Track Your Fitness Goals
Start by tearing a piece of washi tape in half. Then, stick one end of the washi tape on the first page of your journal and fold it over to the second page. Make sure that the ends are flush with each other. Stick the other end of your washi tape to this second page, but don’t fold it over to the third page just yet! Repeat these steps for every two pages in your journal until you’re at last two pages left. On these last two pages, place a piece of washi tape along the top edge so that it lines up with your previous strip.
8) Use It As A Bookmark
Washi tape is an amazing way to make your bullet journal look even more unique and special than ever. Plus, it’s a great way to keep track of where you are in the book, so you know when to flip the pages. Here’s how to do it!
1) Cut a piece of washi tape about two inches long and place the sticky side on the inside cover of your journal. This will help mark where you currently are in the book!
2) Add some flair with washi tape by using different colors and patterns throughout your journal (for example, use one color for weekly spreads, another for monthly layouts). This is a fun way to personalize your journal and make it stand out from the rest.
3) Use washi tape to organize sections of your journal: You can separate sections like notes, daily tasks or work projects by creating tabs with the washi tape.
4) Have some extra paper? Turn them into dividers: Create dividers for each month or time period within your notebook that way you can easily find what you’re looking for!
5) Keep pencils together: Put pencils together in a pouch or pencil case with pieces of washi taped around the edge – this also helps keep them clean and less likely to break.