This post was most recently updated on September 25th, 2021
Want to sip your coffee without worrying about your lipstick coming off, or enjoy those natural-looking rosy cheeks? You can get all of this with just a tiny bottle of lip stain. Yes, lip stains are the new rage in the makeup industry.
We all want our makeup to look fresh and flawless, and lip stains help us achieve the famous no-makeup makeup look. Just a few drops of lip stains can give your lips a natural rosy stain that’s going to stay on throughout the day. It also makes your lips look naturally full and conceals the discolouration as well.
You can also use the lip stain on your cheeks as a blush. Just apply a little amount of lip stain on your cheeks to get an instant flushed, healthy and natural glow. Even if you rub your face or sweat in the heat, this lip stain will not budge at all.
A lip stain or a lip tint is the perfect product for a rosy, fresh, and long-lasting lip look. Here’s your guide to the best lip stain from a cosmetic store.
What is a Lip Stain
A lip stain is a cosmetic product for the lips. Lip stains are water-based and are easily absorbable, and they do not form a layer on your lips like lipsticks or gloss. Instead, they blend seamlessly with your lip skin and give a natural colour. In addition, they have long-lasting colour properties that stay on your lips for hours without fading away.
How to use a Lip Stain
Before applying anything to your lips, make sure that your lips are smooth and hydrated.
- Use a lip scrub and exfoliate your lips to remove dead skin cells and any buildup.
- Using your fingers, apply a small amount of lip scrub to your lips
- Massage your lips in circular motions for about 2 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water
- Here you have your soft, smooth lips perfect for a lip stain.
Work your Lip Balm
- After exfoliating, hydrate and moisturise your lips using a lip balm
- Use a natural colourless lip balm beneath the lip stain
Put on your Lip Stain
Now that your lips are moisturised and nourished, it’s time to put on some lip tint.
- First, apply the lip stain in the centre of your upper lip
- Then gradually work from the middle to the outer edges of your lips, following the contour of your mouth
- Then, apply it across the bottom lip and fill it in
- Dab both your lips to spread the lip stain evenly
When to Wear a Lip Stain
Lip stains are perfect for a no-makeup makeup look, and you can wear them for other occasions as well! Here are some ideas:
- Lip stains are ideal for an outing to the beach, giving you a perfect dose of tint
- Lip stains are great for a fancy dinner, giving you a dewy look
- Lip stains are a saviour for first dates, giving you a fresh and rosy look that’s super long-lasting
- Lip stains are perfect for work and give you a natural look
Types of Lip Stains
Lip stains or tints come in different forms:
Liquid Lip Stains
Liquid Lip Stains are the most common tints that are popular in the market. They are watery, easy to apply and absorb quickly, giving the lips a natural pop of colour.
Peel- off Lip Stains
The peel-off lip stains leave a deep colour that lasts for up to 12 hours. Apply a thick layer of the lip stain and leave it for at least 10 minutes. When it’s dry, peel off the top layer of the stain. The colour absorbs quickly into the lips, giving it a rich and juicy look. Peel off stains lasts the longest on the lips.
Lip Tint Sticks
Lip tint sticks are available in the form of a lip balm or lipstick and work just like your typical lip stain/tint. Their texture is creamy, light and fluffy, with more moisturising ingredients that make the lips look fuller and softer. In addition, lip tint sticks last longer than a liquid lip stain.
Matte Lip Stains
Matte lip stains have a very light texture. They also come in crayons, markers, and mousse formulas. They offer a smooth colour without drying out the lips, giving complete coverage with a gorgeous matte finish.
Benefits of Lip Stains
- They are long-lasting
- Give a more natural look to the lips
- Come with lightweight formulas
- They are smudge-proof
- Last through meals and drinks
Pros of Lip Stains
- They are more natural-looking
- They are versatile, and you can layer more for a brighter look
- They feel light on the lips and often fragrant
- They are affordable
- They are easy to apply
- You can apply lip tints on your cheeks as well for blush
Cons of Lip Stains
- Since lip stains give a matte finish, they might dry out your lips
- Lip stains are hard to get off, so you have to spend some time scrubbing to remove the stain
- Lip stains have a narrow range of colours
- Li stains are more expensive than lipsticks and gloss.
Lip Stains are one of the most popular lip products these days. They nourish and moisturise the lips and give them a natural, rosy and dewy look, perfect for any occasion. Lip stains are multi-functional, and you can use them on your cheeks, eyelids or blend them with any other makeup product.
Lip stains give your lips an instant flush of colour. So if you are someone who is always in a hurry and get no time to do a full face of makeup, just apply some lip stain, and you are good to go. You can also use a little on your cheeks, and it will brighten up your face instantly.
Unlike lipsticks, lip stains and tints last longer as you need just a few drops to stain your lips. You can buy lip stains from an excellent cosmetic store or get them online. They come in a wide price range, and you can choose one as per your pocket. So stock up on these lip stains for flawless, long-lasting, and smudge-proof lips within your budget.