Leather sofas are beautiful and durable, but a white leather sofa adds more elegance to your room. Indeed, it is tough to maintain a white leather sofa, but today we are going to tell you about a DIY couch dry cleaning solution that kills germs and removes dirt, dust and fingerprints on white leather. Please remember that leather is a porous material, so you cannot use water and oil because it may damage the foam of the furniture. Please read this article and apply the technique to clean your white leather sofa.
Clean White Sofa with Baking Soda
Sodium Bicarbonate or baking soda is a popular household ingredient for all kinds of stains. Besides that, it also absorbs moisture and removes the foul smell. It provides an all-in-one solution at a very affordable cost. How can you clean a leather sofa with baking soda?
To prepare the solution, you need one tablespoon of baking soda, around 100ml of water and one tablespoon of Borax. However, you can adjust these ingredients depending on stains and the severity of the damage.
Please start with vacuuming the area. It is an essential step because it helps you to remove loose dirt from the surface and allows the solution to work more effectively.
Now use a sponge or microfiber cloth to apply the solution to the affected area. Rub the paste on the stains gently until the stain dissolves.
Besides that, you can also use a soft toothbrush to clean crevices, zippers, stitches etc. It also helps you to rub the area gently. Please be careful and do not scratch the leather surface.
Once you have completed the cleaning, then wipe the area with a fresh microfiber cloth and let it air-dry for a few hours. Please note that you should not neglect the drying process. If you think you have over saturated the area with water, please use fans or blowers to accelerate the drying process.
How to Clean White Leather Sofa That Has Yellowed?
A white leather sofa is a big investment, but the maintenance is also very tough because it is prone to yellowing. If you have pets and kids in your home, then you have to take proper care of couch cleaning in Perth.
The yellowing is caused by oxidation which is a natural process. When leather is exposed to natural elements such as sunlight, air or dust, it tends to fade over time. This exposure breaks down the fiber, which is technically known as oxidation.
Please note that all leathers have the same issue, but we can find more issues with white leather. As a solution, you can apply a stain protection layer or use a furniture conditioner such as leather milk to prevent yellowing.
How to Restore Yellowed White Leather?
Baking soda is a good solution for all stain related issues, but it would not work effectively on yellowed leather. Unfortunately, there are no DIY remedies for restoring the condition, but you can contact expert couch cleaning in Perth. Although yellowing is part of the ageing process, experts have years of experience, and they know how to treat different stains using certified chemicals. They will help you to solve this problem.
However, if you purchased a white leather sofa, please add a layer of stain protection and use a conditioner to prevent deterioration.
How to Keep a White Leather Sofa in Good Condition?
You have to pay extra attention to keep it in good condition. As a couch cleaning service provider, we are giving you some tips which will help you to preserve the quality of your furniture.
- Regular vacuuming helps you to keep your lounge clean.
- Wipe leather furniture with a microfiber cloth to remove loose dirt and dust. You can also apply cleaning detergent, but do not over saturate the area with water.
- Use leather care kits and conditioners to prevent deterioration from excessive use.
- When you try a new cleaner or DIY solution, please do a spot test to avoid unwanted damage. Some of the cleaners may have harsh chemicals and other ingredients that may ruin the quality of leather. Please do not neglect this step. It is an essential step, and professionals also follow this.
- Use the cover of your furniture during weekends and parties because it receives excessive foot traffic on those days. It hides the beautiful look but preserves the quality for the years to come.
- Make sure you clean the spills as soon as you notice them because dry stains are difficult to remove on the white leather surface. It may accelerate the yellowing process.
- Do not keep your leather or fabric furniture under sunlight.
- After cleaning, allow the couch to fully dry before using it.
- Keep your furry friends away from the white leather sofa.
- If you detect a foul smell developing in your lounge, please solve this issue as soon as possible. You can hire a couch dry cleaning expert for a better cleaning experience.
If you need assistance, please hire our experts for the best leather couch cleaning service in your locality. After years of practice, we have gained a reputation and authority. We ensure 100% customer satisfaction and offer a same day service even on weekends. Please do not hesitate to call us and book an appointment for urgent cleaning services.