The NFL has seen a lot of quarterbacks who have changed the game. A player’s accomplishments and talent must transcend offensive systems; Super Bowl wins, and season records. Let’s look at the ten quarterbacks who have done just that.
Table of Contents
Here is a list of the Top Quarterbacks Of All Time:
- Name: Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr.
- Born: 3 August 1977
- Number: 12
- NFL Draft: 2000 / Round: 6 / Pick: 199
- Team: New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- NFL championships: Seven Super Bowl rings.
- Honors: 14-time Pro Bowl, 3-time MVP.
Career history: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2020–2022), New England Patriots (2000–2019) A former American quarterback, Tom Brady played for 23 seasons in the National Football League (NFL). He spent his first 20 seasons from 2001 to 2019 with the New England Patriots and his final seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He took the quarterback position during his second season when the Patriots won their first Super Bowl title in Super Bowl XXXVI.
- Name: Joseph Clifford Montana Jr.
- Born: 11 June 1956
- Number: 16
- Hall of Fame induction: Pro Football Hall of Fame (2000)
- Career end: 1994
- Joe Montana (Joe Cool)Team: Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco 49ers NFL championships: Four Super Bowl
- Honors: Hall of Fame, 8-time Pro Bowl, 2-time MVP
A former American football quarterback, Joseph Clifford Montana Jr., played for 16 seasons in the National Football League (NFL). Nicknamed “the Comeback Kid” and “Joe Cool,” he played primarily with the San Francisco 49ers. He has the most passes without an interception (122 in four games) in the Super Bowl career and the all-time highest passer rating of 127.8.
- Name: Peyton Williams Manning
- Born: 24 March 1976
- Number: 18
- Career end: 2016
- NFL Draft: 1998 / Round: 1 / Pick: 1
- NFL championships: two NFL championships.
- Team: Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos.
Nicknamed “the Sheriff,” Peyton Williams Manning was a former American quarterback who played for 18 seasons in the National Football League (NFL). His father is Archie Manning, a former NFL quarterback, and his younger brother is former NFL quarterback Eli Manning, a member of the Manning football dynasty.
- Name: John Constantine Unitas
- Born: 7 May 1933
- Died: 11 September 2002
- Number: 19
- NFL Draft: 1955 / Round: 9 / Pick: 102
- NFL championships: Three-time Super Bowl ring.
- Team: Baltimore Colts and San Diego Chargers.
- Honors: Hall of Fame, 10-time Pro Bowl, 3-time MVP
A former American professional football player, John Constantine Unitas, was a quarterback in the NFL for 18 seasons, primarily with the Baltimore Colts. Nicknamed “Golden Arm” and the “Johnny U,” he was considered the prototype of today’s quarterback and, in 1979, was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Name: Otto Everett Graham Jr.
- Born: 6 December 1921
- Died: 17 December 2003
- Team: Cleveland Browns.
- Number: 60, 14
- NFL Draft: 1944 / Round: 1 / Pick: 4
- Hall of Fame induction: Pro Football Hall of Fame (1965)
- Past teams coached: Washington Commanders (Head coach, 1966–1968) NFL championships: Three super bowl victories.
- Honors: 5-time Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame.
An American professional football player, Otto Everett Graham Jr., PLAYED for ten seasons. He was a quarterback for the Cleveland Browns in National Football League (NFL) and the All-America Football Conference (AAFC). He holds the record for average career yards gained per pass attempt and the highest career winning percentage in the NFL.
- Name: Drew Christopher Brees
- Born: 15 January 1979
- Career end: 2021
- Number: 9
- NFL Draft: 2001 / Round: 2 / Pick: 32
- NFL championships: One Super Bowl title.
- Team: San Diego Chargers, New Orleans Saints.
- Honors: 13-time Pro Bowl.
A former American football quarterback, Drew Christopher Brees, played for 20 seasons in the NFL. He was a former member of the New Orleans Saints and is second in career passing yards, career pass attempts, career touchdown passes, career pass completions, and career completion percentage.
- Name: Daniel Constantine Marino Jr.
- Born: 15 September 1961
- Number: 13
- NFL Draft: 1983 / Round: 1 / Pick: 27
- Career end: 2000
- NFL championships: 0.
- Team: Miami Dolphins.
- Honors: 9-time Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame. once MVP
A former American football quarterback, Daniel Constantine Marino Jr., played for 17 seasons in the National Football League (NFL). He was the last quarterback who took off the quarterback class of 1983 in the first round. In 2003 Marino was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame, and in 2005, the Pro Football Hall of Fame and his jersey number retired.
- Name: Roger Thomas Staubach
- Born: 5 February 1942
- Number: 12
- Hall of Fame induction: Pro Football Hall of Fame (1985)
- Team: Dallas Cowboys
- NFL Draft: 1964 / Round: 10 / Pick: 129
- AFL Draft: 1964 / Round: 16 / Pick: 122
- NFL championships: Two Super Bowl wins.
- Honors: 6-time Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame.
A former American professional football player nicknamed “Captain America,” “Roger the Dodger,” and “Captain Comeback,” Roger Thomas Staubach played as a quarterback with the Dallas Cowboys for 11 seasons in the National Footba5 February(NFL). He led the Super Bowl
five times, four as the starting quarterback, and led the Cowboys to successes in Super Bowl VI and Super Bowl XII.
- Name: John Albert Elway Jr.
- Born: 28 June 1960
- Team: Denver Broncos.
- Number: 7
- Hall of Fame induction: Pro Football Hall of Fame (2004)
- NFL Draft:1983 / Round: 1 / Pick: 1
- NFL championships: two Super Bowl titles.
- Honors: 9-time Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame, 1-time MVP,
A former American professional football quarterback, John Albert Elway Jr. is an executive consultant for the Denver Broncos. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2000 and the Pro Football Hall in 2004.
- Name: Aaron Charles Rodgers
- Born: 2 December 1983
- Team: Green Bay Packers
- The organization founded: Suspended Sunrise Recordings
- NFL championships: Once won Super Bowls.
- Honors: 9-time Pro Bowl, 3-time MVP.
An American football quarterback, Aaron Charles Rodgers, plays for the December Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL). He began his career in 2002 at Butte College before shifting to the University of California, Berkeley, to play for the California Golden Bears. He became starting quarterback in 2008 for the Packers’.
List Top 10 Quarterbacks Of All Time
FAQS About Top 10 Quarterbacks Of All Time:
Who won the first championship in the NFL?
The Chicago Bears was the first team to win the NFL championship.
Who won the most NFL titles?
The Green Bay Packers team has won the most NFL titles. They include 9 NFL championships and 4 Super Bowls.
Other Best Qbs of All Time in NFL History
1. Sammy Baugh (Two Super Bowl wins).
2. Brett Favre.
3. Bart Starr.
4. Troy Aikman.
5. Steve Young.
Who has won Super Bowl the most?
How many Super Bowls did Aaron Rodgers have?
Aaron Rodgers has one game played in Super Bowls.
Who owns the Broncos now?
Who is the number 1 team in the NFL?
Kansas City Chiefs.
Throughout the National Football League history, the quarterback has emerged as the opening position in the league. While the quarterback position has certainly evolved throughout history, those field generals have distinguished themselves from their peers regardless of the era in which they played.