This post was most recently updated on August 25th, 2019
All the shopping binges across the nation have relieved their purchase with the online buying from Flipkart. It has energized a unified shopping tactic and where individuals can pick from varieties of available products. With a slight amount of delivery charge and tremendously unperturbed service, Flipkart makes shopping an astonishing experience. The Ex-Flipkart founder Sachin Bansal biography shall reveal the most noteworthy details about the person who has found this extremely useful online shopping store. Flipkart has been created by two knowledgeable professionals Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal. Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal biography is an open book about their accomplishment in making this online store a massive shopping stage. Flipkart has redefined shopping and Sachin Bansal Flipkart biography exemplifies the essence and motivation of a technical professional who has shaped a wave with his idea. Sachin Bansal is the co-founder of Flipkart with his partner Binny Bansal and is the present CEO of Flipkart.
|Date of birth||5 August 1981|
|College||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||B. Tech in Computer Science|
|Hobbies||Reading and watching movies|
|Fav Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Wife||Priya Bansal (Dentist)|
|Net Worth||INR 5,400 Crore|
Little Personal details
Sachin did his education from St. Anne’s Convent School. He was outstanding in his studies and attained high grades in academics.
The first book that was sold on Flipkart after a few months of the site’s procedure was ‘John Woods Leaving Microsoft to Change the World’. By offering discounts and drumming up the advantage of convenience in ordering books home by just a click of a mouse, the sales of Flipkart rapidly picked up.
Sachin Bansal was awarded in the year of 2012-2103 with “Entrepreneur of the year” award which gathered his enormous fame and respect. He has also been featured in the Forbes Global 40 under 40 List in the 2012 edition along with the Flipkart Co-founder Binny Bansal. Flipkart itself has achieved the Young Turk of the year award in 2012 and has successfully secured 2nd position among the cheapest mobile stores in the year 2013. Flipkart has developed so well owing to the joint hard work of both I. I. T. graduates, Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal.
Some lesser-known facts
- Everybody at the first instance thinks that the founders of Flipkart – Sachin and Binny Bansal are siblings. But in reality, the two are not even related, though they were batchmates at IIT Delhi and worked together at Amazon.
- After graduating Sachin worked for a while at a firm named Techspan. He later joined Amazon India as a senior software engineer and also helped Binny Bansal get a job in the same company.
- While Binny is known by the employees to be a calm and peaceful man while Sachin is infamous for being a hothead.
- When the duo began business in 2007 in Bangalore, they would themselves pack and deliver the books on their scooters.
- He was presented with the “Entrepreneur of the Year” Award in 2012 by the Economic Times.