Niacinamide can be used with a wide variety of moisturizers to improve the skin’s appearance. It is a vitamin that dissolves in water and stays stable at different pH levels. Because of this, it can be used in a wide range of moisturizing products.
A niacinamide serum made by the brand can be bought in Pakistan. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% from The Ordinary is a highly concentrated serum that helps improve the look of blemished skin, reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and brighten the complexion of the skin.
Table of Contents
Some recommendations for combining niacinamide with moisturizers are as follows:
- Find a moisturizer that suits your skin type (oily, dry, combination, or sensitive).
- It’s important to use a moisturizer that’s compatible with niacinamide. The efficacy of niacinamide may be reduced, or irritation caused, by the use of certain moisturizers.
- Niacinamide-containing serums and other skincare products should be applied to the skin before moisturizing. This will prevent the niacinamide from being washed away or diluted by the moisturizer, preserving its efficacy.
- Niacinamide-containing creams and lotions can be applied after your regular moisturizer.
- If you want to get the most out of a product, it’s best to stick to the directions on the box.
- When trying out a new skincare product, it’s always smart to perform a patch test first to see if it’s a good fit for your skin.
What is the purpose of a moisturizer?
You’ll look and feel younger if you keep your skin moist. Your skin will be more flexible and soft and will stay moist. All of these things are important if you want to look as young as possible in the future. Even though it’s easy to make sure you moisturize regularly, there are some things you should know before you start.
Skin problems can be less likely to happen if you moisturize
Your skin will stay in good shape if you use the right moisturizer. If your skin is dry or oily, common skin problems like acne can start to show up. Dr. Ted Lain, a dermatologist, recommends looking for creams rather than lotions with exfoliants if you have oily skin. If your skin looks dry, you should look for a cream that usually has more oil.
Using a moisturizer may make you appear less.
When you moisturize your skin, it gets a nice sheen that can help eliminate any spots caused by acne. Some moisturizers have a tint or self-tanner that works on all skin tones.
Moisturizing helps your skin stay young.
Your face, neck, ears, and chest, the most sensitive parts of your skin, get new skin cells more often than others. This constant loss of skin cells leaves these areas open to dryness and the weather. They are the places where skin cancer is most likely to happen. Moisturizing your skin is a great way to give it the energy it needs to heal and stay healthy.
Keeping your skin moist helps fight wrinkles.
Your face doesn’t just feel full and firm after you moisturize it. The British Journal of Dermatology says that people with well-hydrated skin get wrinkles half as often as people with dry skin.
Choosing the Right Moisturizer After Niacinamide Serum
After using a niacinamide serum, you can use any moisturizer that works for your skin type and addresses your specific skin concerns. Here are some choices to think about:
- Hyaluronic acid moisturizer: Hyaluronic acid is a powerful moisturizer that can help keep the skin hydrated and more elastic. It works well with niacinamide to hydrate your skin as much as possible.
- Ceramide moisturizer: Ceramides are lipids that make up the skin’s barrier and help keep moisture. A moisturizer with ceramides can help strengthen the skin’s barrier and keep it from losing moisture.
- Moisturizer with oil: If your skin is dry, a moisturizer with oil can help deeply hydrate and nourish it. Look for non-comedogenic oils like jojoba, argan, or rosehip that won’t clog your pores.
- SPF moisturizer: Niacinamide can make your skin more sensitive to sun damage, so you should use a moisturizer with SPF after putting on a niacinamide serum. To protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays, look for a broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or higher.
To keep your skin from getting irritated, it’s important to choose a moisturizer that doesn’t clog pores or has fragrances or other ingredients that could cause skin irritation. Before using a new product, you should do a patch test to ensure you won’t have any bad reactions.
Niacinamide is a useful skincare ingredient that can help the skin in many ways. Pair it with the right moisturizer to get the most out of your niacinamide serum. No matter if your skin is dry, oily, or a mix of both, there is a moisturizer that will work well with your niacinamide serum to make your skin look and feel better. When looking for a moisturizer, look for one that won’t clog your pores, doesn’t have any scents or irritants, and is right for your skin type and concerns. You can get healthy, hydrated, and glowing skin by using the right moisturizer with a niacinamide serum.