This post was most recently updated on May 18th, 2023
Programming is the process of transforming your ideas into instructions for a computer to understand. Python is one such programming language that has gained immense popularity in the last few years. Some of the popular organizations that leverage python are Google, Amazon, Spotify, IBM, Instagram, Facebook, Netflix, and Reddit. Python development has a lot of applications in the programming world that add significant value to the business.
The reason for the great popularity of python is its high performance, enhanced efficiency, and ability to produce exceptional results. This is one of the major reasons why large tech giants are using python development services as it helps them to attain a strong position. Due to all these reasons, there is a huge demand for python developers. A job in the python development domain promises an insanely high salary, global recognition, and immense job satisfaction. So gaining proficiency in python is one of the best ways to build an amazing career.
In this blog, we will discuss a 100% sure shot plan to improve your python skills. Further, we will also discuss in detail what is python and the advantages of using a python programming language. So let’s get started.
What is Python?
Python is a high-level, object-oriented programming language that fosters rapid development. It was developed by Guido van Rossum, and released in 1991. It has high-level built-in data structures combined with dynamic typing which makes it the best option for rapid application development. Python has a very simple syntax that is easy to learn and understand which reduces the cost of program maintenance. It offers some amazing features like database management, integration with third-party tools, easy readability, enhanced security, traffic management, and a lot more.
So till now, you have got a basic idea about python programming language, it’s time to move to the next section and get some information about the advantages of using Python.
Advantages of using Python
Python is a highly robust programming language that offers a lot of advantages. Some of the major advantages of using python are mentioned below:
- Free and open source: Python has an OSI-approved open-source license. This makes it useful for organizations that want to modify some specific aspects per their requirements. It works on different platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.
- Easy to learn and understand: Python is very simple and easy to handle. Its syntax is somewhat similar to the English language. It allows developers to write programs with fewer lines. So it is easy to code even without in-depth knowledge of python.
- Dynamically typed: Python is dynamically typed which means it automatically assigns the data type during execution. So programmers don’t have to worry about declaring variables and their data types.
- Portable feature: Python is a cross-platform language that allows you to code on any platform of your choice. The code works on different platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.
- Extensive libraries and frameworks: Python has a presence of extensive libraries and frameworks to foster development. This helps the python developers to simplify and fasten the tasks. Some of the popular python libraries and frameworks include NumPy, Selenium, SciPy, Pandas, PyTorch, etc.
All these features make python the first choice for business applications. Before we move to the final section and discuss how to improve your Python skills it’s important to get a basic idea about the demand for Python programming language.
The demand for Python
Python is well defined to meet the ever-changing needs using libraries and frameworks. Some of the popular python libraries and frameworks include Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit Learn, and Numpy. As per the latest reports by PYPL Index (India), Python has a share of 26.5%, which is far more than the other languages.
The demand for python is increasing rapidly. Currently, top tech giants are using machine learning and artificial intelligence to run their crucial operations. Python has advanced libraries and frameworks that streamline the web application development process. This makes python the top choice which has led to a huge demand for people with Python-based skills.
How to improve your Python skills?
So now I have got some idea about the advantages of python and its demand. Now it’s time to discuss the learning strategies to improve your python skills. So let’s get started.
- Learn core python concepts: The first and foremost thing to improve your python programming skills is building a clear understanding of core python concepts. Python learners need to have a good understanding of data types, data structures(list, set, dictionary), control flow statements, data operations, and simple use cases of python.
- Code every day: We all know that consistency is the key to learning. Therefore we recommend committing to coding every day. You may find it difficult to believe but muscle memory plays a crucial role in python programming. Daily coding will help you develop that muscle memory. This may seem to be a huge task in the beginning but start by devoting 15 minutes daily and then gradually increase the time.
- Make notes: When you are learning any new skill it is crucial to take notes. As per the research, it is believed that taking notes by hand is most beneficial in the long term. Further writing by hand will also help you to plan your code.
- Connect with others who are learning: Learning python programming language may seem to be a solidarity activity but learning enhances when you surround yourself with others who are learning. This will help you to share the tips and tricks that you learned and learn from their experience as well. There are different ways to meet others who are willing to learn python. Join online python communities or meetups where you can find python enthusiasts.
- Build something: Building something is crucial to becoming confident in python learning. Once you have a good knowledge of basic concepts like object-oriented programming and data structure it’s time to build some projects. Start with the basic python development projects like library management, calculator, sales management, etc, and then gradually move on to complicated projects. Most learning and knowledge of problem-solving will develop from the building.
- Contribute to open source: Contributing to an open source is a great way to create a valuable learning experience. Many companies publish open-source projects. So you can work on the projects and code written by the developers working in these companies. You can submit the bug request and managers will review your suggestions. Further, they will provide their valuable comments. This will help you learn the best python programming practices and will improve your python skills to a great extent.
So till now, you have got a clear understanding of a complete plan to improve your python skills. There is one more secret about programming that you need to understand: “There is no need to memorize everything”. It is completely fine to check the documentation, search google, and read code from Stackoverflow as per your requirements. Now you have a learning strategy, it’s time to start your python learning journey. Keep coding!!