Today, you may be wondering what GIFs are and why they’re so popular right now, or you might already know everything there is to know about these amazing little animations and want some help making your own.
Whatever the case, we’ve put together this handy guide on how to creare Gif, regardless of your level of experience with creating them! Whether you want to share something funny that just happened in real life or animate an image from your favorite movie or TV show, this guide will have you creating your own GIFs in no time!
A GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) is a file format that can be used to store an animated image on your computer. The animation usually consists of a series of images and plays continuously.
A good way to think about a GIF is that it’s like a video, but instead of playing continuously the way a video would, it loops back to the beginning and starts over again. This means you could theoretically have an infinite number of frames in one GIF file.
GIFs have become ubiquitous on social media platforms, with many people using them as reaction images or memes online because they’re easy to create and share quickly on the internet. In fact, GIPHY has more than 16 million free searchable GIFs available for you to use at any time!
Creating your own Gif on iPhone or Ipad is fun, easy and free! All you need to do it follow these simple steps and you will have an awesome GIF in no time!
- Open up the camera app on your iPhone and tap the square in the bottom right corner to switch to photo mode.
- Point your camera at something you want a picture of, or take a picture of something with your phone.
- Swipe up to access the different filters or effects you can use with your photo (no worries if they’re not there – they may just need to be downloaded).
- Tap Add Text and type in what you want written below the photo, then tap Done.
- Tap Animate.
- Choose how long the animation will last by swiping left or right until it’s set to however many seconds you want it to last.
- Press play! The video will automatically start playing when it’s done loading, but if it doesn’t, go ahead and press play manually. You’ll see that each frame has a little number indicating which one it is from one through ten, so keep pressing play until you get back to the beginning of your GIF animation again.
- Once you’ve looped around and are back at the beginning of your GIF, tap Save.
- Give it a name so that you know what it is later on when viewing them all in iPhoto or Gallery, then hit Done.
- To make adjustments to the image before saving, go back into edit mode by tapping Edit underneath where you tapped Add Text earlier in Step 4 above.
- Once you’re satisfied with how everything looks, swipe down from top-to-bottom and hit Done once more before closing out of iPhoto or Gallery altogether.
GIFs are easy to communicate with your audience and get a message across quickly. They can also be used to share video clips and connect to other pieces of content. GIFs are more than just funny animations – they can help you gain attention, create meaningful connections with your followers, or even illustrate points in blog articles. If you’re not sure how to create GIF yet, don’t worry! We’ll walk you through how to creare Gif on iPhone, Android, Photoshop, and more in no time.