Your e-commerce site needs traffic to survive. Without visitors, you are dead in the water. This is an undeniable fact of online business life. What if I were to tell you that there was a way to bring targeted, highly relevant traffic to your ecommerce website at little cost? If you are knowledgeable about internet marketing, you would probably gawk at the question, disbelieving that it is possible.
There are ways to use ecommerce SEO to bring targeted traffic to your websites, all for free! In this article, I will share SEO tips that improve traffic to e-commerce websites or blogs.
Legitimizing Ecommerce Site with a Google Webmaster account
This is an absolute must. Owning a Google Webmaster account is one of the best things you can do for your website. There are three fundamental reasons why you need to set up a Google Webmaster Profile for your site:
- You will be able to track all of the search queries that bring traffic to your site, in real-time, in a back-end reporting system. You will have the tools you need to track the search phrases your site is being found for and how often they lead to clicks, conversions, and sales.
- Google WMT (webmaster tools) gives you direct access to a free back linking program that can add dozens of links pointing back to your site in no time at all. It is an easy way to make your site look more relevant in search engines.
- Google WMT will let you know when the time is right to start adding metadata to your site or blog posts to help better target them for specific keyword searches, which could lead to increased traffic and sales.
Improving Site Placement
Site placement is the process of modifying your site to make it more search engine friendly. This can be performed by adding additional descriptions, keywords, and metadata to every page on your site.
What good is a website if it doesn’t have many inbound links to help boost its credibility? Links are one of the most important aspects of how search engines view an ecommerce site. The more inbound links you have, the better your placement on search engines will be. Many link-building strategies can be used to boost your site, including article marketing, social bookmarking, forum posting, and press release submissions.
Adding Quality Content
This is an easy step to overlook, even though it will ultimately help strengthen your ecommerce website. The more content you have related to your niche, the better. This is because search engines like Google will typically rank the site with the most relevant and up-to-date information higher in its rankings than that of a lesser-performing website. If you cannot produce quality content, you can hire an ecommerce SEO agency to help you create engaging content.
Keyword Optimization for Blog Posts
If you pay close attention to your search engine traffic and click-through rates, you might notice specific posts or pages that seem to do better than others. Carefully reviewing those individual posts and pages and identifying the keywords that are driving traffic to them helps. The following are three things done to optimize the post for search engines:
- Identifying keywords that the target audience uses to find a site or blog.
- Using those targeted keyword phrases within blog posts’ content will increase their search visibility and ranking on search engines.
- Using those keywords as many times as possible without making blog posts sound forced or overused.