This post was most recently updated on June 28th, 2022
Table of Contents
Has Snapchat locked your account? We can help! In rare cases, Snapchat may lock your account for violating their guidelines, adding too many friends, or using unauthorized third-party apps. After 24 hours, you can re-login to Unlock your Locked Snapchat Account if it has been temporarily locked. Our team will show you how to recover your Snapchat account if you’re still unable to log in after a day.
- What is Snapchat streak and how to restore Snapchat streak?
- Recovering a hacked Snapchat account?
- How to resolve the Snapchat working problem?
- What is the process of restoring a Snapchat streak?
- What do you need to do in order to start a streak on Snapchat?
- The steps to restore a hacked Snapchat account?
Using the Unlock Page:
- Third-party Snapchat apps and plug-ins should be uninstalled.
- Before you can sign back into Snapchat, you will need to uninstall an unauthorized third-party app or plug-in you are using.
- In some cases, it may be impossible to completely uninstall unauthorized apps that require a jailbroken iPhone or iPad.
- For this reason, you’ll need to update to iOS in order to uninstall the app.
- Visit https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/unlock in a web browser.
- After several hours, you can use another website to unlock your account if it was temporarily locked. If you commit a more serious offense, you may have to wait up to 24 hours to unlock your account.
Read More: How to start a streak on Snapchat?
- Go to Snapchat and sign in. Click or tap Log in in the app, and enter the same username and password you use to access Snapchat.
- Unlock by clicking or tapping. The yellow button is at the bottom of the page.
- After sufficient time has passed, you will see a message that confirms that your account is now unlocked.
- Try again in a few hours if you haven’t had enough time.
Also Recommended: How to recover hacked snapchat account?
- Confirm your email address with Snapchat. Whenever you’re logged back in, it’s smart to check your email address with Snapchat to abstain from being deactivated for adding an excessive number of companions. This is how it’s done:
- What is the best way to retrieve my Snapchat eyes-only password/picture?
- What are the ways to fix the Snapchat working problem?
- Fix Snapchat crashing error
How do I know if my Snapchat is locked?
If your Snapchat is locked, you will get a “temporarily locked” error message when you try to log in to your account. Here’s the full error message, “Oh no! Your account has been temporarily locked. For details on why this might have happened, visit https://www.snapchat.com/locked”. The error message means that your Snapchat account is locked for 24 hours. After 24 hours, you should be able to log in to your account again.
Why is my Snapchat locked for no reason?
- Your Snapchat is locked for no reason because Snapchat might have falsely detected that you’re using third-party apps, plugins, or tweaks.
- If you’ve used third-party apps, plugins, or tweaks before, then your account is locked because of them.
- However, if you didn’t use any third-party apps, there are three other reasons why your account is locked.
- Firstly, you might have sent unsolicited photos, videos, or messages.
- Secondly, you might have added too many friends without verifying your email or phone number.
- Lastly, your account might have been compromised.
How to unlock your locked Snapchat account:
- Open the Snapchat application on your telephone or tablet. It’s a yellow and white phantom symbol.
- Tap the profile symbol in the upper left corner.
- Tap the stuff symbol at the upper right corner.
- Tap Email.
- Enter a substantial email address and tap Save.
- Enter your Snapchat secret key and tap Continue.
- Browse your email and open the check email.
- Tap Confirm email.
- How to start a streak on Snapchat?
- How to delete snapchat account?
- How to fix Snapchat keeps crashing problem?
- Snapchat keeps crashing, here are the solutions?
- How do I recover a hacked Snapchat account?
- How to recover a Snapchat account that has been hacked?
- To unlock your locked Snapchat account what you can do is go to https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/I-really want assistance in an internet browser.
- In the event that you can’t get once more into your record following 24 hours by utilizing the “Utilizing the Unlock Page” technique, you might in any case have the option to contact Snapchat to get your record opened.
- Snap or tap the circle close to “My record login.” It’s the principal choice underneath “What could we at any point assist you with?”
- Snap or tap the circle close to “I think my record was hacked.” It’s one of the choices underneath “God help us! Let us know more.”
- Snap or tap Yes. It’s close to “Need assistance with something different?” at the lower part of the page. This shows a structure you can use to send Snapchat an email.
- Enter your username, email, and telephone number into the given spaces.
- Type an amenable email message mentioning reestablishment. Utilize the space given to make sense of the present circumstance affably.
- Express why your record was locked and guarantee Snapchat that you will follow the terms of administration from this point forward.
- Be pretty much as well-mannered as could be expected.
- Snap or tap Send. It’s the yellow button at the lower part of the screen.
- Assuming your email clarification is respectful and understanding, you might have the option to persuade Snapchat to open your record.
- Assuming your email is impolite, or you are a habitual perpetrator, you are not prone to get your record opened.
- A Hacked Snapchat Account: How to recover it?
- Is it possible to unlock my locked Snapchat?
- Make a streak on Snapchat?
- CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO UNLOCK MY SNAPCHAT ACCOUNT?
- How to fix Snapchat is not working?
- How to Recover hacked Snapchat account?
FAQs about Unlock your Locked Snapchat Account:
Why do Snapchat accounts get locked?
Your account will be locked if Snapchat detects you are sending spam, unsolicited Snaps or messages in Chat and other abusive behavior. Reason 3. Snapchat will also lock your account while you are adding too many friends when you haven’t verified your email or phone number.
How long does a permanent lock last on Snapchat?
If your account has been locked, Snapchat suggests that you wait 24 hours and then try to log in again.
How long does Snapchat lock your account?
Snapchat won’t unlock your account But, if Snapchat sent you a message saying your account is temporarily locked, you should wait 24 hours before attempting to log in. If you can’t get in for a longer stretch of time, Snapchat advises trying to unlock your account by visiting this link.
Why are people’s Snapchat accounts getting deleted in 2021?
Snapchat will delete the accounts of users who violate their terms of service. Although Snapchat is not deleting inactive accounts, they will delete accounts for other reasons. This includes any violation of the terms of service that users agree to when they sign up for Snapchat, like illegal activity or abuse.
How do I contact snap?
- Select your profile pic > tap the gear > Support > I Need Help > Contact Us. Pick a category, tap Yes, fill out the form, and send it.
- There’s no guaranteed time frame to hear back from Snapchat support.
- You can also try @snapchatsupport on Twitter for help.
Can Snapchat see your snaps?
Officially, your snaps are visible only to the sender and the recipient, and only for a short time once you open them. This means that Snapchat employees can’t view the content inside.
How do I get my deleted Snapchat back?
Want to reactivate your account? It’s easy! Just log back in to the Snapchat app with your username within 30 days of deactivating your account. While your account is deactivated, you can only log in with your username and password.
Will Snapchat delete my account if I don’t use it?
Presumably, if your account remains inactive for a long period of time, Snapchat will delete the account. Snapchat almost certainly has a policy about this, but because they don’t publish the policy, we have no idea how long it will let your account linger without activity before deleting it.
Does Snapchat support 24 hours?
Call the toll free helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or chat online. Phone and chat are available in English and French, and on request also available in Cree, Ojibway, and Inuktitut.
By logging in to your Snapchat account via the link in this guide and tapping on the “Unlock” button, your account should be unlocked. However, if your How to Unlock your Locked Snapchat Account, there are a couple of bonus methods that you can try. Firstly, force closes Snapchat and go to the App Store or Google Play Store.
Then, search for Snapchat and update the app. Updating to the latest version of the app can help to unlock your account. The final method that you can try is to delete Snapchat and re-install it. Deleting Snapchat and re-installing it will clear its cache and update the app to the latest version, which will fix many issues.